Holiday (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    Yep. Selfish old man. No matter how we try to find some kind of mitigation for Machello, there's no getting away from the fact that he quite deliberately persuaded Daniel to use the bodyswapping device. From the outset, the visitors were nothing more to him than a long awaited escape route from the Goa'uld - the person he swapped with could just stay behind and die (or, worse, be recaptured by the Goa'uld if he survived long enough).
    I still find that I can't think that harshly of him. Yes, what he did was very wrong, but it is understandable and I'm sure some others would have done the same. I'm not justifying what he did, but his life has been very tough, so I can see why he did it. Or maybe I'm just a softy.

In some ways, he reminds me of Harlan.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

That said, his almost childlike wonder at the world he found himself in was really quite sweet!
      I always wondered what happened with that hobo that 'dined' on daniels credit card...

Comment

I doubt Fred had many more hot fudge sundaes after that one. He was a sweet guy, though; I suspect he thought Machello was a bit loopy, but Fred dealt with him absolutely honestly, and was actually quite protective of him, particularly when the cops arrived to arrest him. How many people would have simply taken advantage and then slipped away when things started going down the pan? Maybe Fred might have done at one point - after all this was a bit of a windfall for him - but he chose not to.

Even if he never had another one, the sundae he did have was richly deserved for being such a nice chap.
        sigpic

Comment

I doubt Fred had many more hot fudge sundaes after that one. He was a sweet guy, though; I suspect he thought Machello was a bit loopy, but Fred dealt with him absolutely honestly, and was actually quite protective of him, particularly when the cops arrived to arrest him. How many people would have simply taken advantage and then slipped away when things started going down the pan? Maybe Fred might have done at one point - after all this was a bit of a windfall for him - but he chose not to.

Even if he never had another one, the sundae he did have was richly deserved for being such a nice chap.
          Absolutely. I imagine that Fred has had a somewhat disadvantaged life, but he's still remained such a decent, honest chap. It's a shame they couldn't have found him a job with the SG teams.
          sigpic

Comment

What would he have done though??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              What would he have done though??
              I'm sure they could have found him something he could do in the base. He was such a nice guy. Sorry, I'm just a softy.
              sigpic

Comment

I love this episode but mostly for the Jack-in-Teal'c body scenes. CJ was amazing as Jack, I even caught myself forgetting it wasn't Jack now and then lol. Sadly I don't think RDA did near as good a job playing Teal'c. He did however do a great job playing Daniel, he had that inccont young look on his face that said "Daniel!" to me. When I first watched this episode what 9 years ago I didn't know it was MS playing Machello, I thought it was just some actoring they brought in to play him like any other excat lol.

p.s I really liked Fred.
                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

I saw this episode today for the first time in years. I'd forgotten how good it was. There were some real "laugh out loud" moments. I really loved the way the characters behaved when Jack and Teal'c switched bodies - watching Jack struggle with kel no reem (or however you spell it), seeing him order Teal'c to leave his hair alone. Great fun!
                  C-D
                  Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Not my favourite. Never loved that Macello guy....

Comment

Let's hope Teal'c didn't get a chance to shave anything else while Jack was out.

Rating: 3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/holiday.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                        Let's hope Teal'c didn't get a chance to shave anything else while Jack was out.

Rating: 3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/holiday.html
                        I will disregard your tactless comment.

I thought it was genius how Ma'chello replied to Daniel "No, I am Daniel Jackson" setting up for later when they are interviewing him and he says "I am Daniel Jackson". I don't think Ma'chello expected that his former body when survive for very long after the shock. I also am wondering why they didn't ever talk about going back to the planet and retrieving some of the technology left behind. Not only did they seem to be weapons, but they seemed to be weapons designed especially to effect Goa'uld physiology. Then there is the question of how long he was in hibernation and how many times he took another persons body to survive. Teal'c said that Ma'chello was being hunted by the Goa'uld since before he was born and at the time of this episode Teal'c was approximately a hundred years old.
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved Christopher Judge playing Jack and RDA playing Teal'c.
                          They were spot on, right from "Ya think?!"
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            I didn't really care for Christopher or RDA, in my opinion the only person who pulled it off was Michael Shanks playing Ma'chello. Most likely do to the fact that Shanks played both Daniel and Ma'chello.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              Exactly! That "Ya think!?" got me laughing out so loud my mom came up to my room, asking if I was ok
                              It was SOOOOOO funny to see "Teal'c" say "Ya think!?" and Jack do that eyebrow-thing that Teal'c always does XD

Comment

Pretty good and funny episode I thought.

All the actors out did themselves acting like eachother, quiet believable. Have to give a special mention though to Michael Shanks for playing Machello, very believable old man.

Heaps of funny classic character moments that everyone has already mentioned so I won't go into that.

I did like how Daniel was able to win Machello around though by saying that he is really no better then the Goa'uld he has been fighting for so long.

I wonder why Teal'c had to shave his head, is it just the way he likes it or something more?

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Working...
                                X