• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fifth Race (215)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215

O'Neill becomes the unwilling receptacle for a library of alien knowledge, and ends up at an unlikely meeting with the Asgard.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:33 PM.

Best Episode Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      Best Episode Ever!
      Amen!
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Anyone, in the spirit of discussion, want to say exactly why they think this?
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

First let me agree, 5th Race, best ep ever.

As for why..of the top of my head I would say because this ep deals with all that Stargate is striving towards.

A child like curiosity and trust led to a challenge beyond our wildest dreams. In dealing with that challenge we had to expand our knowledge, have faith in ourselves and make new friends. And at the end of the day we see that there is hope for even more such adventures and knowledge while we find our place in the universe as the Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok

As for why..of the top of my head I would say because this ep deals with all that Stargate is striving towards.

A child like curiosity and trust led to a challenge beyond our wildest dreams. In dealing with that challenge we had to expand our knowledge, have faith in ourselves and make new friends. And at the end of the day we see that there is hope for even more such adventures and knowledge while we find our place in the universe as the Fifth Race.
            that and humor.

Comment

A great episode. I think it was interesting just watching O'Neill build this big and powerful device
              __

__

Comment

Probably the best Season 2 episode.
                It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok

That about sums it up.

Comment

It's difficult to identify another episode in the series that better illustrates the promise of the Tau'ri as future leaders in the galaxy while at the same pointing out that there is still a long road ahead. It provides hope for the future while keeping the people of the Tau'ri humble.

The change in Jack's character is intriguing--if not downright disconcerting. The cryptic drawing, the creation of the advanced power source, the use of alien terms, and the accelerating rate of the metamorphosis combine to produce a strong level of anxiety for Jack's well being. Despair is never reached, however, as the team continues to fight and continues to have faith that somehow Jack will survive.

Combine a novel story line with a hopeful future, haunting background music, and great direction, and it is easy to see why this episode is one of the all-time classics of the series.

And if it wasn't clear from my opinions above, The Fifth Race is MY all-time favorite.
                    There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Yeah, this one and WoO are my all-tine favorites. For all the reasons above, and because Jack actually gets to be the smarty pants in this one, heh heh.
                      Fitness Buddies

Comment

It's great that Jack actually got to be *smart*. It's just the way he acted in the episode. He even drew a entire plan of the DHD
                        __

__

Comment

So, um one thing I always wondered, and this the only place I can think to post it.

The ninth Cheveron?

What is it used for, and why have the Humans or Go'ald never wondered?

I can think of two possibilities.

1.) Other Galaxy clusters? How far did the Ancinet civilization reach?

2.) Alternate universes? Could it be used somehow in conjunction with the quantum mirror? Could the creators of the Stargate meet themselves by dialing out with a ninth symbol? And by no means do I say that it could be limited to 39 universes, no, if it automaticly dialed the same gate in the alterthe it could have 39^8 differnt universes.

Just my two bits.
                          Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                          Daniel: Niet.
                          Jack: Daniel!
                          Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                          -1969 (221)

Comment

I think the nineth cheveron is used for stargates that are so far away, its in a whole different galaxy.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Nobody knows what the ninth chevron is for. Anything is possible. My guess is another universe as the eight is another galaxy so it must be universe!
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X