• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secrets (209)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

Jackson discovers that his wife has returned to Abydos, and is nine months pregnant with the son of Apophis. O'Neill must keep the secret of the Stargate program from being uncovered.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:27 PM.

This is one of my favorite s2 episodes.

We get to see Sha're again, Apophis stops by, so does Heru'ur.

Love Jack throwing the knife at the end and Carter's line about 'You remembered that the sheild's deflective capabilities are directly proportional to the amount of kinetic energy.'
    Jack: 'yeah... right'

We also get to see one of my favorite secondary characters introduced: Jacob.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Also get to see the SGC blamed for the death of a reporter.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Ah, but it was an "accident"

My guess is the Pentagon got wind of the reporter and decided to "take care" of him. I have nothing to back that up, that's just what I find the most believable espeically given Jack's reaction to Hammond's statement.
        ~BCM =)

Comment

I'd lean more towards one of Maybourne's bunch... But its hard to tell from what's shown.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yes, but what would Mayborne's motive to kill him be?

The Pentagon would want to keep their top secret project a secret.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Maybe not Maybourne specifically, but one of his associates. After all, things like that tend to be more their style. Of course, it could have actually have been an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                Of course, it could have actually have been an accident.
                Wouldn't that just be so ironic
                ~BCM =)

Comment

I must admit, I thought that the reporters death was a little odd. It was never really followed up on. It's almost as if it was put in as a feed for a later ep. which never got made. Perhaps it was felt to be too contraversial?
                  sigpic

Comment

The first episode with Jacob Carter.

Comment

I like the O'Niel with 1 "L" or 2 thing.

Comment

if you didn't know it is a reference to the movie O'Niel.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          Love Jack throwing the knife at the end and Carter's line about 'You remembered that the sheild's deflective capabilities are directly proportional to the amount of kinetic energy.'
                          Jack: 'yeah... right'
                          I have to admit that this was one of the few times I've found the technobabble annoyingly contrived .
                          IMO anyway !

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          We also get to see one of my favorite secondary characters introduced: Jacob.
                          Oh yes indeed !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

For me it was one of those "If only!" episodes.

If only they had gotten Sha're off of Abydos faster then they would have had Amonet in custody and they could have had her removed when they met the Tok'ra... ugh.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              if you didn't know it is a reference to the movie O'Niel.
                              cool, didn't know that but I looked it up and it's true

the only thing that bugs me about this episode is that they suddenly forgot all about thor's new hammer...why the hell didn't they go there...plain old stupid if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X