• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message In a Bottle (207)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207

SG-1 discovers an ancient artifact that takes O'Neill and the S.G.C. hostage.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:34 PM.

I really like this episode for some reason. One of my favourites of Season 2.

O'Neill dying and being possessed by an alien artefact and Teal'c saying his first 'joke'! What more could you want from an episode? Also, that Graham person and his little crush on Sam......how I laughed, lol. Shame he only pops up a few times throughout the entire series though....
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

It wasn't the most unique idea, but it was done in an interesting way IMO.

Originally posted by omnian
      Teal'c saying his first 'joke'!
      I love Teal'c's attempts at humor, they're all great, mostly because they are completely unexpected

Also, that Graham person and his little crush on Sam......how I laughed, lol.
      I thought it was 'cute' the first time I saw it, but with every guy and his brother having a crush on her anymore it looses some of it's originalness, and thus some of it's 'cuteness' IMO.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hmmm, interesting viral lifeform. A hive mind, perhaps?
        sigpic

Comment

That was a good idea... bring a spiky thing back through the stargate.

How do long spiky things come out of a small ball?

again a VERY alien spices... not a cheesy human with an f***ed up forehead and pointy ears.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 January 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            How do long spiky things come out of a small ball?
            The same way a viral lifeform is able to communicate and compromise with an alien species. Or simply put: Magick.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

This episode, at least in part, is an homarge to the film The Andromeda Strain from 1971.

In it they encounter an alien virus that seems to feed on energy, which escapes containment by consuming material. This activates the failsafe system, called wildfire, at which point they postulate that the system detonating will give it enough energy to spread cross the globe.

Although there are no aliens, its basically the same plot, and the same name, wildfire, for the big bomb.

Chris.

Comment

I was thinking of the book

I didn't like the movie at all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beswicks
                  This episode, at least in part, is an homarge to the film Adromeda Strain... Although there are no aliens, its basically the same plot, and the same name, wildfire, for the big bomb.
                  ... So, they should have been taking aspirin instead of antibiotics? (Or did the aspirin thing even come into play in the movie version? I don't think I've ever seen it.)
                  Fitness Buddies

Comment

Couldn't the aliens have left a note next to their little ball or something? "Don't touch unless you want to be impaled"

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                      Couldn't the aliens have left a note next to their little ball or something? "Don't touch unless you want to be impaled"
                      They could have, but then it would have been a very short ep.

Opening credits

Jack: "Look what I've found. Shall we take it home with us?"
                      Sam: "Hey look! There's a sign here! What does it say, Daniel?"
                      Daniel: "Uh.....hang on.......it says "dont touch unless you want to be impaled".......best we leave it alone."
                      Teal'c: "Indeed!" Raises eybrow.

End credits.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        That was a good idea... bring a spiky thing back through the stargate.
                        To be fair, it didn't turn spiky until Carter started fiddling with it back on Earth.

I found the whole storyline a bit dull (and somewhat similar to Cold Lazarus but the execution was brilliant, with soaring music, exciting camera shots and wonderful character moments for the entire cast.
                        END OF LINE

Comment

I found it cool when O'Neill was taken over by the virus and he said goodmorning campers funny and how it struck oneill right through it's sholder and he didn't bleed Poor Jack he had a lot of pain
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

I supposed that the viral lifeform didn't want him to bleed to death.
                            That and the fact that if they had shown blood dripping off his wound, or running down the spike, the certificate for the episode would have been higher.
                            sigpic

Comment

I love the episode (even though there is major Jack whumping)

It's an intriguing idea. A whole civilisation in a time capsule.

6 out of 9 chevrons!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X