• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prisoners (203)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

SG-1 is put on trial and exiled to a prison world, where a woman maintains a strange control over her fellow prisoners.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:21 PM.

This was a good episode, a good plot and well acted. The only thing that slghtly spoilt it for me were the smoking boots, which seemed a little silly.
    sigpic

Comment

I like how that nice woman turns out to be real evil.

Comment

The episode was a good one before the ending which revealed Linea's true persona. Then it became really good. Although there were signs she wasn't as benign as she seemed, it was a surprise just how evil she was.

Comment

Was this the first instance of manual dial?

Comment

I liked how she was revisited in a future episode.

Comment

I wonder... Hedante seems to be a very secure prison.. Wonder if it could be used for other purposes than those of the Taldor.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

So those are the smoking boots they're auctioning off! Here on ebay So far they're going for $50

I liked the episode but Linea just freaks me out! She's too much of a crazy lady.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Yep, the same ones !
                  A bit of a "Loony Toons" moment,when that happened.The inmate who grabbed the boots and kept trying to ingratiate himself to SG-1,was freaky.
                  Squalid situation,loads of ick factor.That gruel slop didn't even look edible !

Linea was IMO,very well-played.Nicely machiavellian.
                  IMO,the SGC personnel almost deserved to be conned.To me,it was fairly obvious Linea was nastier than she seemed.

It didn't seem to even occur to Carter, that her new Science-buddy might be in prison for a good reason.This despite the obvious power and control Linnea held ,over a prison full of desperate codemned convicts.

Overall I like this episode,though,as there was plenty to hold my attention.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    Was this the first instance of manual dial?
                    I think the first time we saw that "on-screen" was in "Torment Of Tantalus" in Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      IMO,the SGC personnel almost deserved to be conned.To me,it was fairly obvious Linea was nastier than she seemed.

It didn't seem to even occur to Carter, that her new Science-buddy might be in prison for a good reason.This despite the obvious power and control Linnea held ,over a prison full of desperate codemned convicts.

Overall I like this episode,though,as there was plenty to hold my attention.

Just have to say that Daniel had some idea. He tried to say that maybe it wasn't a good idea to take Linnea with them, because they didn't know what she was there for. And, they totally dismissed his comments.

But, I liked the episode, too.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Arg ! I forgot about that....and you are so right, Dani !

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          Just have to say that Daniel had some idea. He tried to say that maybe it wasn't a good idea to take Linnea with them, because they didn't know what she was there for. And, they totally dismissed his comments.

But, I liked the episode, too.
                          That's one thing that I don't like about the ep. At the beginning Jack is very Prison Savvy and so on - but he doesn't comment that the Queen Bee in a prison is likely to be a very long term prisoner (ie. have been sent down for something quite heinous) and also likely to be the one most able to scare and hurt the others.

The ep is a good illustration of two great things about Stargate though. One is the whole "we don't leave our people behind" aspect, and the other is the fact that sometimes they have to do deals with bad guys when they don't have many options.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

btw, Dani... if I'm a mod does that mean I can tell you to shut up and accept things?
                            Perhaps you could explain that concept to the Gruesome Twosome
                            Last edited by Major Clanger; 29 August 2004, 02:44 AM. Reason: a sprinkling of smilies is required here....
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                              btw, Dani... if I'm a mod does that mean I can tell you to shut up and accept things?
                              Perhaps you could explain that concept to the Gruesome Twosome

Well, I hope you wouldn't. But, as a mod, you have the authority to say what can and can't be posted. Other people don't.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X