This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a favourite fic writer?

care to share their name, and maybe a quick run down of what (if any) their speciality is?

Can you recommend a fic by them to get us started?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

I don't read a great deal of fanfic, but I really like ShadowMaat's stuff. She has a wicked sense of humour.
    Nola
    sigpic

Comment

I've just realised that I didn't post about my favourite fic. One of my favourites is "Vindication or Payback's a B***" (I think that's it) and I think it's by Brenda Antrim (but don't quote me, I have a brain like Swiss cheese)

I love just about everything by The Prophet (archives on GateWorld and Helio and is featured on the Novel Archive)

JayEm, Jmas, Brenda Antrim, Denise, Gracie... off the top of my head. Kat and Tere did a most excellent thing Skipped Stones, too.

sigpic

Comment

My all time favourite Jackfic writer is BadgerGater. So I would recomend all of her fic's from O'Neill's House.
        Closely followed by Karen Kent, another JackFic author. I loved her 'Smoke with Fire.'
        Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Sally Reeve and Jo. R both excellent Sam/Jack Fic writers. Sally does angst really well and Jo. R stories do mostly get shippy quickly. Anything by these writers are worth reading

Comment

my "all-time" favorite stargate fan fic writer has to be Badgergater...her fic deals a lot with jack :-)
            other top honors go to (actually...a lot of jackfic >.<):
            biltong
            corine
            denise
            gumnut
            hoodat whatzit
            ruralstar
            seldear
            Gallagater
            Lingren
            feli
            the list can actually go on for awhile >.< go fan fic writers >.<
            My flickr photography.

Comment

I like reading stories from many different authors but these are the ones I cheer when they have a new story and drop everything to read it.

When it comes to slash some of my favourite writers are Biblio, Sideburns and Imagine.

For gen I love ELG, Travelling One and Badgergater.

SallyK

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                care to share their name, and maybe a quick run down of what (if any) their speciality is?

Absolute all time favorite would have to be The Prophet. I anxiously await each and every new fic as he tends to write sequels upon sequels. I do like thought that each fic works well as a stand alone too.

Closely following that are Brenda Gracie and Carrie. Nice long involved fic. My only complaint is that they don't write nearly enough.

Also enjoy fic by MajorClanger and Feli (well at least their gen and ship fic), Sazz, Sally Reeve, JoR, Denise, Tere, AC, AlliSnow and Trish (good Teal'c centered fic). I'm sure I'm leaving people out, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
                Last edited by KatG; 02 May 2004, 05:53 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                  Sally Reeve and Jo. R both excellent Sam/Jack Fic writers. Sally does angst really well and Jo. R stories do mostly get shippy quickly. Anything by these writers are worth reading
                  I am really into the shippy stories, and I have to agree that these two writers are my favourites.
                  sigpic

Comment

Off the top of my head ...right this moment....
                    RuralStar has some wonderful strories. She leans towards S/J pairing but has a bit of other stuff and has some great links as well. SNY did a wonderful video trailer for one of her stories as well

I really like Sally Reeve too, Aeryn if you like it a bit racier
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Always, always Sally Reeve. JoJo (for the funnies) as well and CharlieBooker and Flatski(sp?) and some other Darkfic writers - the names escape me but I'll edit if I remember.

geeky

Comment

Ship-wise my favorite is ALli Snow. The Andromeda Series and the Asylum trilogy both blew my mind.

For Slash Biblio is my absolute facorite for the serious stuff, but my absolute favorite fic, period, is The DJ diaries by Anais. I laugh so much my sides hurt.
                        ** Dax

Slowly but surely
                        regaining my post count.

Dax(ie)Parrot the Very Bored Wierdie Nitty Bluie Alien Purple THUNK Fan

Comment

I'm absolutely hooked on The Prophet.

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/Fiction/SG-1/SG1.htm
                          Last edited by priornavalperson; 02 May 2004, 09:23 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Absolute all time favorite would have to be The Prophet.
                            You know, we're all going to have to stop mentioning him. His head will never fit through the door!!

But I have to say, we should spread the word.

Does that make us Prophetettes?

sigpic

Comment

You know, we're all going to have to stop mentioning him. His head will never fit through the door!!
                              Too late. I'm going to quit my course and become professionally obnoxious now.

Anyone know any good complex sentences, by the way?
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X