Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meaning of Life Stuff- What does Stargate mean to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaning of Life Stuff- What does Stargate mean to you?

To me, Stargate means the future of possibility. Where we've been, where we are, and where we can go. That's one of the reasons I try to reflect that personality, that goodness of she show, in these forums, and I hope others will take up that banner with me.

Stargate is so cool because it is engaging, it's from the heart, and deep down, it is warm and good.

Am I the only one who thinks Stargate means something? lol

Even if it's shoot-'em up action.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      Am I the only one who thinks Stargate means something? lol

Even if it's shoot-'em up action.
      No, you're not. I've actually just finished writing a fic about the ways Stargate has impacted my life. Totally serious, of course... I'll post a link once the fic is online.

Comment

You do that. I look forward to reading it. I'm not much of a fic fan, but before vB I wasn't much of a Forum fan, either! Room to grow!

Comment

You do that. I look forward to reading it. I'm not much of a fic fan, but before vB I wasn't much of a Forum fan, either! Room to grow!
          Hehe, be prepared! We'll get you addicted sooner than you can imagine... ;-)

Comment

we'll get you writing fic before you know it...
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

To me, Stargate means the future of possibility. Where we've been, where we are, and where we can go. That's one of the reasons I try to reflect that personality, that goodness of she show, in these forums, and I hope others will take up that banner with me.

Stargate is so cool because it is engaging, it's from the heart, and deep down, it is warm and good.
              Yeah, i totally agree. I also like the idea that we belong to something greater. That there are others out there and our problems are insignificant in comparison.

Comment

The idea that humans have seeded the galaxy, and developed/changed without the influences their counterparts experienced on earth is something I find utterly fascinating.
                sigpic

Comment

You guys are so right. The Fifth Race was a really special show. It told us just those things.

Comment

Well, I use it in my sociology classes. I used "Allegiance" to illustrate race relations. The kids really like the action, but the message isn't lost on them either.
                    Nola
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that sums up pretty well how I feel about Stargate too. It's good, without being preachy, if that makes sense. It makes you think too, and that's something I appreciate in television, there's not a lot of shows that do that!

Comment

I agree with everything that has been said, but SG1 also means family, teamwork, professionalism and people that respect each other, and treat each other with respect. How many television shows are so respectful of women and their capabilities?

A friend of mine started watching the show last fall, because of my minor involvement in it. She became a huge fan. Last night, at a party, she told us that "Stargate SG1" helped get her through her divorce.

I love space and technology, and special effects, but what I like best about the show is it's positive message about the great potential in humanity.

Of course, I like RDA too!
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                          I agree with everything that has been said, but SG1 also means family, teamwork, professionalism and people that respect each other, and treat each other with respect. How many television shows are so respectful of women and their capabilities?
                          I couldn't have said it better!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            I couldn't have said it better!
                            Back at you!
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              family, teamwork, professionalism and people that respect each other, and treat each other with respect.
                              You said it, Hatusu! That's one of the reasons I've fallen in love with the GW forum (despite the fact that I work here ) With a few minor exceptions, people are allowed to talk and have their peace and make some great on-line friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X