This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy to Galaxy in 3 days?? RIDICULOUS and LAUGHABLE

Talk about the writer's running out of ideas.

What a joke!!!

I'm not sure I see your point. It seems reasonable to me....
    The Asgard hyperdrives are capable of crossing our entire galaxy in only a few minutes, aren't they?
    We're talking way-faster-than-light travel here, essentially pushing the ship into a higher dimension of space.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

The asgard ships have been doing it for at least seven seasons now. Starting in Thor's Chariot, and onto Point of View, Small Victories... ect.

Comment

It just seems like a convenient plot device because they needed to get the ZPM to Atlantis quickly.

It just amazes me that in 9 years since we discovered the Stargate, we now have ships that can travel to another galaxy in 3 days. It's all a bit ridiculous I find, and consistent with the way Stargate has gone WAAAY downhill in the past couple of years, to the point where it's all just become one big parody of itself.

Now all we need is for Earth to suddenly have 100 Daedalus ships (which, knowing recent SG-1 would probably take a year or something to build).

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          The asgard ships have been doing it for at least seven seasons now. Starting in Thor's Chariot, and onto Point of View, Small Victories... ect.
          No they haven't. Not galactic wide anyway and certainly not in 3 days!!

And even so, that's an Asguard ship, not a human one.

Comment

Not to mention they already travelled galaxy to galaxy in no time at all via the Stargate.

Comment

Ya it would seem like a laugh, it’s a miscalculation by the writing team for stargate. People have to keep in mind how huge the universe is and that traveling from point A to point B would still take a long time. The only way I can see how they could travel so fast is if they incorporated gate technology into the hyper-drive. So its like a massive wormhole that they travel through but this cant be cause the ship is not dematerialized.

Comment

Well, given that they spent two seasons establishing that Earth hyperdrives don't work well, and that the ships now have Asgard hyperdrives, which have already been established to work that way, I dont' think you have a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pknuts
                  No they haven't. Not galactic wide anyway and certainly not in 3 days!!

And even so, that's an Asguard ship, not a human one.
                  Sam and Thor travel from the Asgard homeworld in another galaxy to Earth in a few minutes in Small Victories.

Comment

Well, given that they spent two seasons establishing that Earth hyperdrives don't work well, and that the ships now have Asgard hyperdrives, which have already been established to work that way, I dont' think you have a valid point.
                    I'm not about to do the maths, but to get to another galaxy (and it's not even our CLOSEST one either!!!) in 3 days, the ship would have to travel billions and billions of times the speed of light.

Comment

And it was stupid then. What's worse, is that this is a human ship.

Comment

The problem that we seem to have is that we are unable to comprehend the amount of distance traveled in such a short time. So it seems ridiculous to many people that take into account physics and the laws that us humans have made to try and understand phenomena we cant fully acknowledge. That’s way traveling from one galaxy to the others is hard to say “Cool, that’s possible in like 5 min

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch
                          The problem that we seem to have is that we are unable to comprehend the amount of distance traveled in such a short time. So it seems ridiculous to many people that take into account physics and the laws that us humans have made to try and understand phenomena we cant fully acknowledge. That’s way traveling from one galaxy to the others is hard to say “Cool, that’s possible in like 5 min
                          Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pknuts
                            And it was stupid then. What's worse, is that this is a human ship.
                            There are many things about science fiction that are stupid and unrealistic, and laughable. Time travel, transporters, faster than light travel. Break one law, break them all. As long as you do it consistantly. They've been consistant about it.

Comment

There are many things about science fiction that are stupid and unrealistic, and laughable. Time travel, transporters, faster than light travel. Break one law, break them all. As long as you do it consistantly. They've been consistant about it.
                              How about a magic button that will give anyone at Stargate command whatever they wish for? Cause judging what they're coming up with now, that's the direction they're heading...

Comment

Working...
                              X