Clear All

The Scientists' Appreciation Thread

Dr McKay
    Dr Beckett
    Dr Felger
    Dr Lee
    Dr Coombs
    Dr Zelenka

They came...they saw...they nitpicked and whined...

BUT WE LOVE 'EM!

This is a thread to discuss our favourite scientists! If I've missed any, add them to the list!

I've not included Sam, as she's got the 'Sam's a great character' thread.

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I enjoy the banter between Rodney and Zelenka (especially when they're at loggerheads with each other!)
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

I'd have to say Felger is probably my favourite, he and Coombs make a great double act and I love the way Felger always seems a constant source of irritation to O'Neill one way or another with his 'butt snorkelling' and often misplaced enthusiasm. It's been good to see him crop up a few times and although half of me wants to feel sorry for him while the other half wants to shake him at heart he's a good guy, a dreamer & always fun to watch.

Comment

You forgot Kavanav (is that how you spell it?)
      He's a pain in the mik'ta but thats why you gotta love him! Not everyones perfect right?

But McKay's definately my favourite. He's great especially when fighting with Shepperd! I'll never forget that moment where Sheppard throws him off the balcony lol!!! Classic!!
      Dr Beckett and Dr Zalenka come next. I hope they're shown abit more next season, especially Zalenka

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

The scientests are awsome without them the show would suck because ther would be no daniel, or sam
        sigpic

Comment

thats why i really love atlantis...because sg-1 was military based, and atlantis is more scientists and i really love that. granted i looved jack's jokes about scientists and civillians and stuff...but it kinda got old, and you know, without the scientists you couldnt get anything working! i think its all about McKay.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Mckay.

He is not only the funniest but he also knows so much about everything. For example, his CV would look like:
            a) knows how to make a nuke
            b) knows (almost) everything there is to know about ancient technology.
            c) speaks at least English and Ancient
            d) can do archaeological digs.
            e) has saved Atlantis on numerous occasions.

All bow down to Mckay
            The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
            The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
            Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
            Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
            Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
              thats why i really love atlantis...because sg-1 was military based, and atlantis is more scientists and i really love that. granted i looved jack's jokes about scientists and civillians and stuff...but it kinda got old, and you know, without the scientists you couldnt get anything working! i think its all about McKay.
              that may be true
              sigpic

Comment

I'd have to go for Felger and McKay, probably the two funniest scientists on the shows. And who can forgot felgers hilarious performance on Avenger 2.0?!

Comment

if it wasn't for scientists we wouldn't have tv!!! or a pc!!! imagine a world without them!! oh the horror!!!!!

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I have to say Zelenka and Beckett...but they're all great!

I love the Moment in Letters from Pegasus when
                    Spoiler:
                    Zelenka tells everyone about the City rising...Just the way he says 'Security Clearance' at the end cracks me up!

Beckett's great! Again from Letters from Pegasus
                    Spoiler:

Ford...I dunno...I wish you were here?
                    Beckett: Wish who was here? I wish ah wisnae bloody here!

They're all gems! Every one of them!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I have to say Zelenka and Beckett...but they're all great!

I love the Moment in Letters from Pegasus when
                      Spoiler:
                      Zelenka tells everyone about the City rising...Just the way he says 'Security Clearance' at the end cracks me up!

Beckett's great! Again from Letters from Pegasus
                      Spoiler:

Ford...I dunno...I wish you were here?
                      Beckett: Wish who was here? I wish ah wisnae bloody here!

They're all gems! Every one of them!
                      Two classic stargate moments there. There episode was great for developing the scientists on stargate. Like when Rodney says
                      Spoiler:
                      Samantha Carter if you're watching the candle is still burning, soon to be extinguished but...In fact there isn't a night I don't go by when I.... Cut that Ford.

Poor Mckay. I hope TPTB will keep all of the scientists alive for a good few seasons to come.
                      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato

Comment

Well, McKay is far and away my favorite, followed by Dr Zelenka, but I also love Dr Lee - a "Doctor of SCIENCE." Who can forget The Plant? I also enjoyed his "Action Man" turn in Evolution, and Peter DeLuise's commentary about how buff Bill Dow was. I like Bill Dow a lot - he was great as Chuck in The X-Files too.

Hoping for more Dr Lee in Season 9!

Comment

Yeah!

I love Dr Lee!

He's cute in a...geeky...sorta way!

LOVED McKay's
                          Spoiler:
                          Monologue!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Yeah!

I love Dr Lee!

He's cute in a...geeky...sorta way!

LOVED McKay's
                            Spoiler:
                            Monologue!
                            I'd watch a whole season of McKay's
                            Spoiler:
                            monologue

He was just so hilarious.
                            Spoiler:
                            In fact the whole fatigue thing towards the end of season 1 was great. He was just so exhausted and being dragged from one job to another. Poor guy

Comment

LOL! I know!

I also liked
                              Spoiler:
                              the flashbacks of McKay while the Japanse scentist was talking about him!

Ooh cramp!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X