This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stargate spinoff

Hypothetically, if there was a 2nd stargate spinoff, which of the following would you prefer?

#1 Stargate Jaffa. Jaffa and how they strive for freedom.
    #2 Stargate SG-23. A minor SG team.
    #3 Stargate Prometheus. Like a Star Trek series.

i say all of the above...the more the merrier.

Comment

Na i think that the second one wouldn't go that far and would become boring, the Jaffa spinoff may work, but i think that the Prometheus spinoff would do great.......but there is already a spinoff and don't need another!

Comment

The second one But only if it involved Coombs and Felger.
        Baal "You don't know the pain you will suffer, for this impudence."
        O'Neill: "I don't know the meaning of the word. Seriously, impudence, what does that mean?"

Comment

i would say Stargate Alpha. Where it is not focussed on the one team but about 5. And also it gets away from the earth base which is a bit boring now as they can't change the surrounding
          Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

I'd go for #3 the Prometheus spin off, the first two sound boring.

Comment

How about a sitcom about two former enemy Jaffa trying to work together now that their free. We'll call it "That's my Jaffa."

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

the first two do sound really crappy. no offence

the idea of a ship based could work but it would have to be more advanced than the prometheus and a totally new design perhaps the asgard could give us a ship for destroying most of the replicators...we won the war for them at the very least they could help design it!

it would need heavy links with sg1 and sga. maybe showing how eath is evolveing as a race, createing new settlements/colonys and maybe telling the world about the stargate project...?

maybe in sg1 the ship could be introduced when the world discovers the truth about the past 9-10 years, "we are not alone"...we have advanced now we are inviting the world to join us.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                  How about a sitcom about two former enemy Jaffa trying to work together now that their free. We'll call it "That's my Jaffa."

-IMF
                  The original odd couple

What would be better is Tok'ra and a Jaffa
                  Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

The second one wouldn't work, they would have to keep recasting it every week since everyone would be dead...

A Prometheus one might not be too bad.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by furling
                      The original odd couple

What would be better is Tok'ra and a Jaffa

gold. pure gold.

and as someone previously said, do em all.. the more stargate the better.
                      ever notice how only 1 out of 5 bad guy's have any sort of accuracy? and always seem to hit the extras?

MarkovForums

Comment

#1 Stargate Jaffa. Jaffa and how they strive for freedom.
                        The best one out of threE imho.

#2 Stargate SG-23. A minor SG team.
                        To much like SG-1

#3 Stargate Prometheus. Like a Star Trek series.
                        To much like star trek, stargate is based on the gate so it needs to be related to that.

To be honest I don't think a new spinoff is coming soon, but if it does it needs to different from other two shows yet very much related to the idea of using the stargate.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                          To be honest I don't think a new spinoff is coming soon, but if it does it needs to different from other two shows yet very much related to the idea of using the stargate.
                          I agree with Wass. But if there is another spin off make it in another galaxy and have family members also join them. I like to more of the children or teenagers in a show like that. The members wouldn't have to lie to the families becuase they'll be with them also.

Comment

I don't like the idea of a Ship based series (As in starship. The other would be totally sweet .) It think it has to stay with stargates and stuff like that. Mabey "Stargate: The Furlings"!

Comment

the prometheus one sounds cool but a series centering aound the 4 races would be wicked cool

Comment

Working...
                              X