Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a spinoff with the furlings? We know literally nothing about hose guys, it would be interesting, althou it would probably do better on SG1 then a completely different show

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

im an Stargate: Babylon would be nice because whe have seen not many of the babylonians in the shows

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

I'd like to see a show where an elite team of US Air Force personell utilize a Stargate found in ancient Egypt to explore the galaxy. As the show unfolded, we would learn that the galaxy is inhabited by many races of humanoids on many different planets and that many of them are aware of the Stargate and know how to use it. They would also learn that the Stargate was developed by an ancient race for intergalactic travel due to the restraints in spaceship technology. Apparently, spaceships are so difficult to manufacture and expensive to power and operate due to how rare the components/raw materials are to find, that only a few dozen ships capable of hyperspace travel exist in the entire galaxy!

This "Stargate" would be the primary method of travel and the use of ships on the show would be a very rare occurance.

Well, that's what I would like to see.

Stargate had such a great concept going for it in the beginning, but now, with all of the crazy ships flying around, they have cheapened the impact of the gate. We have fleets of hundreds of ships flying around fighting Star Trek/Star Wars battles almost evry two or three weeks . I liked when spaceships were very rare and mysterious, like in Thor's Hammer (Thor's ship first appearance... that was very cool !) and the episode where the alien was about to reclaim the surface of a planet to replant seeds of a civilization that disappeared long ago using that huge ship, that was very cool as well.

Now when you see spaceships on SG1, it's like, meh... Whereas it used to be, whoa !

Comment

Possibly a stargate spinoff aimed in the past, like Star Trek did with Enterprise but actually make the series good!...possibly a look at a system lords struggle for power or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
            Possibly a stargate spinoff aimed in the past, like Star Trek did with Enterprise but actually make the series good!...possibly a look at a system lords struggle for power or something?
            I agree it would be very cool (but would make a better movie than series)...

Imagine, a Ridley Scott film ( He makes awesome epics) or Ridley Scott-inspired film that goes back to Ancient Egypt, back when Ra first arrived, and then dealt with how he exploited humans and also maybe struggled to keep Earth for himself against all other Goa'uld and then closed with the human (would we call them Jaffa?) rebellion here on Earth...

I like it!

Comment

what could be cool is a show based way in the past - like mid 19th century- and they would power the gate using steam power. they go off to other planets and learn of the goauld. They could have them meat up with a ton of races that sg-1 met- thus setting up future sg-1 shows- when the show ends, it would end with a terrible mishap that forced the team to bury the gate in Giza and part ways Starring Samuel Clemens, Abe Lincoln,
              Stonewall Jackson, and Harriet Tubman. Coming soon Stargate: Origins

actually they could have it based any time in the past after the ancients left
              they could just use the DHD because it hadnt been seperated from the gate yet
              Last edited by StanTheAncient; 10 March 2005, 07:32 AM.
              Turkey Sandwich/ Cake Time

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
                Imagine, a Ridley Scott film ( He makes awesome epics) or Ridley Scott-inspired film that goes back to Ancient Egypt, back when Ra first arrived, and then dealt with how he exploited humans and also maybe struggled to keep Earth for himself against all other Goa'uld and then closed with the human (would we call them Jaffa?) rebellion here on Earth...
                That sounds awesome! afterall Ra was meant to have been the master of the System Lords, all of what you said was cool, apert from the Ridley Scott thing! I kinda don't like his films...but hey each to their own that's whati say!

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheAncient
                  what could be cool is a show based way in the past - like mid 19th century- and they would power the gate using steam power. they go off to other planets and learn of the goauld. They could have them meat up with a ton of races that sg-1 met.
                  Would that work?, because i think i remember on SG-1 having the Ernest episode, where the old man was lost, and apparently that was the only time they got the gate working. But hey still a cool idea!

Comment

Would that work?, because i think i remember on SG-1 having the Ernest episode, where the old man was lost, and apparently that was the only time they got the gate working. But hey still a cool idea!
                    that was the only time that Sg-1 knows of. See that happened after they found the gate in Giza. But my show would lead up to the buring of the Gate in Giza.

Comment

that was the only time that Sg-1 knows of. See that happened after they found the gate in Giza. But my show would lead up to the buring of the Gate in Giza.
                      Ohh, i see, that's pretty cool.

Comment

That sounds awesome! afterall Ra was meant to have been the master of the System Lords, all of what you said was cool, apert from the Ridley Scott thing! I kinda don't like his films...but hey each to their own that's whati say!
                        Hey what can I say?

An epic in general if you like, not R.S....

How about Scorcese or F.FCopola (sorry, spelling those names is horrible

Jaffa: "That's Ra two times, we call him that because he says everything two times."

Ra: "I'ma go get the gate, get the gate."
                        ( For those in the know...)

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                          How about a sitcom about two former enemy Jaffa trying to work together now that their free. We'll call it "That's my Jaffa."
                          -IMF
                          I just know now that every sitcom I happen upon on TV for the next few days now is going to get some kind of Stargate twist in my head.

Some interesting ideas here and it's fun to think hypothetically, I quite like the idea of seeing interaction between the 4 races, the Ra story as mentioned by BruceDickinson and maybe something with the Alpha site although it would possibly run the risk of getting too close to the original. Or how about a mini series from the Goa'uld perspective, a chance to see the 'other side' of the coin?

Comment

Actually the ultimate setting for my past show would be in 1911. what happened in 1911? The first man reached the south pole- but the second team that supposedly died? they didnt. what did they find? The beta gate. The figure out how to use it in conjunction with the ancient weapon and they go exploring. They have to use the Ancient weapon to defend earth which is why the power source is depleted when sg-1 arrives. They would then relocate after that incident because they don't want to endanger earth

Comment

Actually the ultimate setting for my past show would be in 1911. what happened in 1911? The first man reached the south pole- but the second team that supposedly died? they didnt. what did they find? The beta gate. The figure out how to use it in conjunction with the ancient weapon and they go exploring. They have to use the Ancient weapon to defend earth which is why the power source is depleted when sg-1 arrives. They would then relocate after that incident because they don't want to endanger earth
                              Cool idea! not sure it would work and all but cool idea anyway

Comment

The only ideas that appeal to me at all are Stargate: SG-23, and stargate: Alpha. But even they wouldn't excite me all that much - one would be SG-1 redux and the other would be Atlantis redux. I'd rather see all the energies of the creative bods directed towards closing SG-1 well and building Atlantis, for the next few years.

Eventually though, once atlantis runs its course...

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X