Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Stargate spinoff

Default New Stargate spinoff

Hypothetically, if there was a 2nd stargate spinoff, which of the following would you prefer?

#1 Stargate Jaffa. Jaffa and how they strive for freedom.
    #2 Stargate SG-23. A minor SG team.
    #3 Stargate Prometheus. Like a Star Trek series.

Smile Re: New Stargate spinoff

i say all of the above...the more the merrier.

Default Re: New Stargate spinoff

Na i think that the second one wouldn't go that far and would become boring, the Jaffa spinoff may work, but i think that the Prometheus spinoff would do great.......but there is already a spinoff and don't need another!

The second one But only if it involved Coombs and Felger.
    Baal "You don't know the pain you will suffer, for this impudence."
    O'Neill: "I don't know the meaning of the word. Seriously, impudence, what does that mean?"

i would say Stargate Alpha. Where it is not focussed on the one team but about 5. And also it gets away from the earth base which is a bit boring now as they can't change the surrounding
    Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!
    http://images.google.com.au/images?q...sam-carter.jpg

Captain

I'd go for #3 the Prometheus spin off, the first two sound boring.

How about a sitcom about two former enemy Jaffa trying to work together now that their free. We'll call it "That's my Jaffa."

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

the first two do sound really crappy. no offence

the idea of a ship based could work but it would have to be more advanced than the prometheus and a totally new design perhaps the asgard could give us a ship for destroying most of the replicators...we won the war for them at the very least they could help design it!

it would need heavy links with sg1 and sga. maybe showing how eath is evolveing as a race, createing new settlements/colonys and maybe telling the world about the stargate project...?

maybe in sg1 the ship could be introduced when the world discovers the truth about the past 9-10 years, "we are not alone"...we have advanced now we are inviting the world to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by IMForeman
    How about a sitcom about two former enemy Jaffa trying to work together now that their free. We'll call it "That's my Jaffa."

-IMF
    The original odd couple

What would be better is Tok'ra and a Jaffa
    Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!
    http://images.google.com.au/images?q...sam-carter.jpg

The second one wouldn't work, they would have to keep recasting it every week since everyone would be dead...

A Prometheus one might not be too bad.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by furling
    The original odd couple

What would be better is Tok'ra and a Jaffa

gold. pure gold.

and as someone previously said, do em all.. the more stargate the better.
    ever notice how only 1 out of 5 bad guy's have any sort of accuracy? and always seem to hit the extras?

MarkovForums

#1 Stargate Jaffa. Jaffa and how they strive for freedom.
    The best one out of threE imho.

#2 Stargate SG-23. A minor SG team.
    To much like SG-1

#3 Stargate Prometheus. Like a Star Trek series.
    To much like star trek, stargate is based on the gate so it needs to be related to that.

To be honest I don't think a new spinoff is coming soon, but if it does it needs to different from other two shows yet very much related to the idea of using the stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass
    To be honest I don't think a new spinoff is coming soon, but if it does it needs to different from other two shows yet very much related to the idea of using the stargate.
    I agree with Wass. But if there is another spin off make it in another galaxy and have family members also join them. I like to more of the children or teenagers in a show like that. The members wouldn't have to lie to the families becuase they'll be with them also.

I don't like the idea of a Ship based series (As in starship. The other would be totally sweet .) It think it has to stay with stargates and stuff like that. Mabey "Stargate: The Furlings"!

Second Lieutenant The Ultimate Obsession's Avatar

the prometheus one sounds cool but a series centering aound the 4 races would be wicked cool

How about a spinoff with the furlings? We know literally nothing about hose guys, it would be interesting, althou it would probably do better on SG1 then a completely different show

Staff Sergeant

im an Stargate: Babylon would be nice because whe have seen not many of the babylonians in the shows
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/PDVD_000.bmp
    Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Chief Master Sergeant BruceDickinson's Avatar

I'd like to see a show where an elite team of US Air Force personell utilize a Stargate found in ancient Egypt to explore the galaxy. As the show unfolded, we would learn that the galaxy is inhabited by many races of humanoids on many different planets and that many of them are aware of the Stargate and know how to use it. They would also learn that the Stargate was developed by an ancient race for intergalactic travel due to the restraints in spaceship technology. Apparently, spaceships are so difficult to manufacture and expensive to power and operate due to how rare the components/raw materials are to find, that only a few dozen ships capable of hyperspace travel exist in the entire galaxy!

This "Stargate" would be the primary method of travel and the use of ships on the show would be a very rare occurance.

Well, that's what I would like to see.

Stargate had such a great concept going for it in the beginning, but now, with all of the crazy ships flying around, they have cheapened the impact of the gate. We have fleets of hundreds of ships flying around fighting Star Trek/Star Wars battles almost evry two or three weeks . I liked when spaceships were very rare and mysterious, like in Thor's Hammer (Thor's ship first appearance... that was very cool !) and the episode where the alien was about to reclaim the surface of a planet to replant seeds of a civilization that disappeared long ago using that huge ship, that was very cool as well.

Now when you see spaceships on SG1, it's like, meh... Whereas it used to be, whoa !

Possibly a stargate spinoff aimed in the past, like Star Trek did with Enterprise but actually make the series good!...possibly a look at a system lords struggle for power or something?

Chief Master Sergeant BruceDickinson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grin
    Possibly a stargate spinoff aimed in the past, like Star Trek did with Enterprise but actually make the series good!...possibly a look at a system lords struggle for power or something?
    I agree it would be very cool (but would make a better movie than series)...

Imagine, a Ridley Scott film ( He makes awesome epics) or Ridley Scott-inspired film that goes back to Ancient Egypt, back when Ra first arrived, and then dealt with how he exploited humans and also maybe struggled to keep Earth for himself against all other Goa'uld and then closed with the human (would we call them Jaffa?) rebellion here on Earth...

I like it!