Favorite Sesame Street Character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Sesame Street Character?

Ah, well... I caught Sesame Street the other day. I found it cool that a lot of the muppet skits still make me laugh. And I'm in my mid-twenties.

Anyways, my question is, just for fun: Who is/was your favorite Sesame Street character?

C'mon, pretty much everybody has seen SS and has a fave character. My favorite, always has been, is Grover. He just cracks me up. He's still hilarious today.

Near!

Far!

LOL

And one of my favorites:

SU............PER GROVER!

After Grover, I really like that light purple monster with the two heads. I don't know if it has a name. Oh, and the "Yup, Yup/Uh-huh, Uh-huh" aliens. LOL
    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

I'm a mother... what's your excuse for watching Sesame Street...

But it's still one of the best...

Hard choice
    Favourite characters are Cookie Monster... gotta love a monster that loves his food... and Ernie... that "hehehe" is classic..
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The Count, hands down. I always wondered though, he is supposed to be a vampire right? he has the fangs and all, so who exactly did he feed on? maybe there was a whole dark underside to sesame street we never saw where the Count hunted and fed on Sesame street goers.... i smell a really weird fan fic possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        I guess my excuse is that I'm a child at heart, always will be.

Hard choice
        Favourite characters are Cookie Monster... gotta love a monster that loves his food... and Ernie... that "hehehe" is classic..
        My favorite Bert and Ernie skit:

Bert and Ernie are in a fishing boat on a lake. At some point the issue of calling the fish into the boat comes up, Bert doesn't believe Ernie can do it. Ernie does his call...

Heeeerrrrrree, fishy-fishy-fishy-fishy!

Several fish jump into the boat.

LOL. I haven't seen that skit since I was real little, but I still remember it! Very funny. The way Ernie does his fish call is just too funny.
        Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I love Elmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a tickle me Elmo too.

Comment

Cookie Monster.
            Or The Count. It's very close.

OT - The weirdest FanFic i have ever seen was a Lizzy Mcguire\Law and order SVU crossover. It wasnt pretty. Lizzy got brutally murdered and some extra REALLY sick stuff (which you can probably guess if you know SVU), by Miranda, because Miranda love lizzy, but lizzy didnt love miranda. That was really, really strange. Not a short tale or anything, but i only read the first paragraph of chapter one, and the last of the ending.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
              OT - The weirdest FanFic i have ever seen was a Lizzy Mcguire\Law and order SVU crossover. It wasnt pretty. Lizzy got brutally murdered and some extra REALLY sick stuff (which you can probably guess if you know SVU), by Miranda, because Miranda love lizzy, but lizzy didnt love miranda. That was really, really strange. Not a short tale or anything, but i only read the first paragraph of chapter one, and the last of the ending.
              that is some seriously fracked up stuff man! so miranda is the one that killed lizzy?

Comment

Hey, let's not forget the Twiddlebugs!

"To-day, we are going to the zoo. And we will take...the fam-i-ly car."
                "The fam-i-ly car?!"
                "Yes, the fam-i-ly car."

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                  Cookie Monster.
                  Or The Count. It's very close.
                  Those were the two I was going to mention. I'm surprised I didn't see Big Bird or Snuffleuppagus yet.

Fave sketch, however, doesn't include any of them:

It's the one where an alien from space comes down to communicate. He walks by an open window where a telephone starts ringing. Each time the phone rings, the alien makes a ringing sound trying to talk to it. It was hilarious...of course back in those days, I was still experimenting with cannibis.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Those were the two I was going to mention. I'm surprised I didn't see Big Bird or Snuffleuppagus yet.

Fave sketch, however, doesn't include any of them:

It's the one where an alien from space comes down to communicate. He walks by an open window where a telephone starts ringing. Each time the phone rings, the alien makes a ringing sound trying to talk to it. It was hilarious...of course back in those days, I was still experimenting with cannibis.
                    snuffalupagus and big birds relationship always freaked me out, the burt/ernie dynamic didnt bother me but pedophilia's not cool so snuffalupugus and big birds relationship always bothered me

Comment

Definately the aliens, they were my favorite!!! Of course that was over 12 years ago and so is everything else I remember about SS, so I don't know if they're around anymore. Loved their song too.

Comment

My favorites were Finchen and Ernie:

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily

But it's still one of the best...

Hard choice
                          I have to watch it for work! Well, I don't really have to, but we've got little muppet weeble things that we use to distract babies when we're testing their hearing, & it wouldn't do not to know who was who At our main centre, we've got Ernie & Big Bird (not keen on Big Bird, bit dim & sensible ), & at our outpost clinic (or the alpha site, as I prefer to think of it these days!! ) there's Cookie monster & Elmo. The kids love Elmo best, we have to use him sparingly or we'd never get anything done !
                          CM & Ernie are my faves though, & like many others, The Count....cos I love to count....One, one lovely episode of Stargate! Two! Two lovely episodes of Stargate! Three....ok, stopping now
                          Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

ElMo!

Comment

I had a few Ernie probably my favourite then Oscar the grouch, Cookie monster.

Also this guy was my favourite for a while when he was on the show about 15 years ago

Snuffleupagus (that is correct spelling)
                              Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Working...
                              X