This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modeling question

Has anyone on Gateworld ever done any modeling? My friend's mom is a marketing director for a local retail clothing store in Michigan and said she'd like me to audition for...get this...UNDERWEAR and swimsuit ads for a summer/fall catalog. I was over his house this weekend and his mom said I'd be great for some ads. Not sure why she asked me, or why she thought I'd be any good, since I'm not really coordinated or anything, and get really shy in front of the camera, but I was looking over the contract she left and for doing a few ads, I could make some good money for the summer, which would help me out a lot. Not sure though. Modeling seems...you know...like, I dunno. Plus people would see me in my underwear. I mean, I'm not famous or anyting, but what if someone recognizes me? It's weird.

Any advice? Should I try out for it or is it too, you know, demeaning? The contract says I'd get to keep some of the merchandise too, which would be cool.

I haven't done any modeling, (or ever even plan on doing any) but what I would recommend is find a photographer and do a sitting with them (which may or may not cost a fee, depends on the photographer, you don't have to get photos), to see if you like it. Find one that specializes in fashion, headshots for modeling, that kinda thing and just play with it. If you've got a good photographer, they should be able to help you out with what it's like and give you tips, that kinda thing. Just try it out and see if it's something for you. Also it may help you get comfortable with doing it in front of people (specially if it's underwear).
    It's sounds like something that might be fun, and you get paid, so that's always a bonus. Either way, good luck! Oh, and don't worry about the recognition thing, I pretty sure everyone finds that weird (not that I would know....)

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
    "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
    The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
    Only I will remain."

Comment

I'd say go for it. How often will you get this kind of oppertunity. Who knows maybe you'll like it. And it seems like a "easy" way to make some money.
      That is if it's only for a few products or a short period of time. If you don't like it after that you can always say: "at least I tried it."
      Today Is Yesterdays Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale
        I haven't done any modeling, (or ever even plan on doing any) but what I would recommend is find a photographer and do a sitting with them (which may or may not cost a fee, depends on the photographer, you don't have to get photos), to see if you like it. Find one that specializes in fashion, headshots for modeling, that kinda thing and just play with it. If you've got a good photographer, they should be able to help you out with what it's like and give you tips, that kinda thing. Just try it out and see if it's something for you. Also it may help you get comfortable with doing it in front of people (specially if it's underwear).
        It's sounds like something that might be fun, and you get paid, so that's always a bonus. Either way, good luck! Oh, and don't worry about the recognition thing, I pretty sure everyone finds that weird (not that I would know....)
        Thanks! Good ideas. I'll see if I can find a local photographer and make an appt. Couldn't hurt I guess. Man I could use the money!!!

Comment

GO FOR IT MAN!!!!!

GET IN THERE and RAKE IN THE CASH
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Working...
          X