This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an ancient could save the city

i have not read anything about this idea, so i do not think its a spoiler but in this section of the forum people are looking to be spoiled anyways, so heres my idea, but wouldnt an ancient who asended be able to save the city?

Originally posted by shw77
    i have not read anything about this idea, so i do not think its a spoiler but in this section of the forum people are looking to be spoiled anyways, so heres my idea, but wouldnt an ancient who asended be able to save the city?
    I thought the exact same thing after i saw the last episode of season 1. By the end it looked almost impossible for the SGA team to have a win with out all dying, but other thought the ship from earth might save the day and beam maj. Sheppard out of his jumper. I think it would be way cooler if we had a bit more ancient exposure.

Thinking back the Ancients only stop something that will mess with galaxies or the universe, well has anyone thought that maybe this might qualify? the wraith getting into the milky way galaxy would be damn disasterious not many could defeat them.

Comment

Even though they said an Asgard Team would be to expensive I think that they might call on the help of the Asgard in S2.... maybe not to defeat entirely but help take care of the ones currently at the door.
      Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

I have also heard that in many posts and would welcome it. If they helped us with getting Atlantis operational would be just as a benefit to them as to us.

Comment

i think that the asgard will be coming to atlantis since the goa'uld and the replicators will be defeated latter in season 8.
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity."
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
            Thinking back the Ancients only stop something that will mess with galaxies or the universe, well has anyone thought that maybe this might qualify? the wraith getting into the milky way galaxy would be damn disasterious not many could defeat them.
            Where did you get this idea? From everything I remember, the Ancients have a general policy of non-involvement. Granted, there were some Ancients who didn't follow this, as we saw in "Before I Sleep", but the ascended Ancients to this point clearly don't seem to care what happens in the corporeal world, to the point where they prevent other ascended from affecting it.

-Forloren

Comment

Originally posted by forloren
              Where did you get this idea? From everything I remember, the Ancients have a general policy of non-involvement. Granted, there were some Ancients who didn't follow this, as we saw in "Before I Sleep", but the ascended Ancients to this point clearly don't seem to care what happens in the corporeal world, to the point where they prevent other ascended from affecting it.

-Forloren
              ya its alot easier for them saying we shouldnt interfer, when its not there lives at stake, i bet if there were ascended Beings while fighting the wraith who are more advanced than ancients they would be asking them
              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

What if a wraith went into the assended field.......would they reject him on hatred, or accept he was smart enough to do so. I am really getting bored with the assended crap too msterious and way to long. AH but a assended who crossed the line to help atlantis (janas I hope) wouldn't he just need to take human form again and WALA a new cast member, a hook up for Dr. wier....now that wound be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by forloren

-Forloren
                  The answer is from threads season 8 SG-1
                  [spoiler] "jim" says in the cafe with daniael the ancients use their collective powers so annubis wont affect anything on a grand cosmic level. Well i feel you could intrepert this two ways, either this only applies to annubis and other who trick other to get ascended or it is the only time they interfere with corpeal beings.

Comment

Actually, it could be a way to add an Ancient to the cast since any Ancient who tries to help Atlantis will most definitely be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                      The answer is from threads season 8 SG-1
                      Spoiler:
                      "jim" says in the cafe with daniael the ancients use their collective powers so annubis wont affect anything on a grand cosmic level. Well i feel you could intrepert this two ways, either this only applies to annubis and other who trick other to get ascended or it is the only time they interfere with corpeal beings

Spoiler:
                      The ascended ancients only prevent Annubis from using his powers as an ascended. They didn't stop him from trying to destroy all life in our galaxy, even when he was going to do it with their own weapon. There was that loophole where Annubis could do anything he wanted so long as it was with powers or knowledge he had as a Goa'uld, which I think was the reason for the exchange between Baal and Annubis about the modifications to the stargate to dial all gates in the galaxy.

Personaly, I think the majority of ascended anciets couldn't care less about what happens in the coporeal world. But there are a few, like Oma, who do care. But whatever they do, they have to consider what consequences "The Others" might exact. Although the suggestion that an ascended ancient might return to human form to help Atlantis might be a good way to get around "The Others".

-Forloren

Comment

come to think of it, why didn't the ancients just deal with the wraith once ascended?

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I still think that is okay for him to destroy the galaxy, for two reasons. Yes, he was able to do it when he was a goa'uld, but also because it didnt affect anything on a grand cosmic level.

Comment

OK, here's a possibility: Maybe some anctients actually survived without Ascending, and are hiding. I mean, I doubt EVERY one of them got this plague, or that EVERY Atlantean agreed to stay on Earth, so for all we know, there could be an Anctient civilisation on a cloaked planet with no gate.

How do we find them? Accidentally of course, though perhaps at the expense of a BC-303...

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro
                              OK, here's a possibility: Maybe some anctients actually survived without Ascending, and are hiding. I mean, I doubt EVERY one of them got this plague, or that EVERY Atlantean agreed to stay on Earth, so for all we know, there could be an Anctient civilisation on a cloaked planet with no gate.

How do we find them? Accidentally of course, though perhaps at the expense of a BC-303...

Well we know that all ancients didnt get affected by the plague just based on that they lived one earth (SG-1 S9)
                              Spoiler:
                              It is said that merlin was an ancient and there is ancients in the the gene pool so there had to been some to survive.
                              as for a cloaked planet with not stagate i kind of doubt it, but we will indeed find out in the next SG-1 season and possible SGA

Comment

Working...
                              X