This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the DR.

Hi people this is for everyone who loves Mckay, Beckett, or Jackson. This is an expanction on a thread from the scifi form and as soon as i get in touch with him Tenshodo will head this section(update on the name later thats his scifi name)

no one

Comment

McKay!!!!!

(And Samantha!!)

We astrophysicists stick toghether
      RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm deffinately a McKay and Beckett fan! Hi!

Comment

Mckay and Beckett are great characters! i loe them both. And daniel as well, to a lesser extent.

Comment

oooh Drs!
            Inteligence is great to go with good looks.

I love all three, though McKay is the best for me! Geeklove/admiration you see.
            Daniel next because he does archaeology!
            And Beckett is just adorable, I'm so glad we get more of him in Season 2
            But why stop at those three Doctors...plenty more, especially on Atlantis

Comment

Well, what's not to like on that list... even though McKay has taken the spot in my heart once reserved for Daniel, I love them all. Of course, you'd have to throw in Dr. Zelenka too....

Comment

Originally posted by DragonReborn
                Hi people this is for everyone who loves Mckay, Beckett, or Jackson. This is an expanction on a thread from the scifi form and as soon as i get in touch with him Tenshodo will head this section(update on the name later thats his scifi name)
                McKay # 1 -- you gotta love him.

Jackson # 2 -- it's Daniel, after all.

Sam # 2 (a tie)

Frasier # 3 -- I miss her

I don't like Beckett at all. Not sure why. I do like Dr. Zelenka and Dr. Grodin.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I love Rodney McKay. Really thinking about it, my friend Jon reminds me of Rodney. I jokingly call him an 80 year old man in a 21 year old body. But anyway, Rodney is cute.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                  Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I put them in groups, cause you cant have just one!

A list
                    McKay-He's soooo adorable and snarky

Jackson-Archaeologists/linguists unite!!!

Zelenka-He's so cute when he speaks in Czech. Fun to know what he says too! No words escape my knowledge of languages

Frasier-Those *******s killed her off. I loved her, she was so caring and sweet! What happened to Cassandra?....

Beckett-My boyfriends a scott as well

Carter-She's not a doctor persay, but she is looking so good and I am so happy for her! Women power!

Ok nevermind I love all doctors!

Except Grodin.

Comment

I'd have to disagree with Carter not being a doctor. Although she has a military rank she has the title of doctor. If you remember, in "Children of the Gods", Jack called her doctor instrad of Captain and she corrected him by basically saying that as long as she's in the military she should be called by her rank and not her title.

She's not in a traditional, if you would like to call it that, doctor's role but she's still a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisluva
                        I put them in groups, cause you cant have just one!

A list
                        McKay-He's soooo adorable and snarky

Jackson-Archaeologists/linguists unite!!!

Zelenka-He's so cute when he speaks in Czech. Fun to know what he says too! No words escape my knowledge of languages

Frasier-Those *******s killed her off. I loved her, she was so caring and sweet! What happened to Cassandra?....

Beckett-My boyfriends a scott as well

Carter-She's not a doctor persay, but she is looking so good and I am so happy for her! Women power!

Ok nevermind I love all doctors!

Except Grodin.
                        Uh, excuse me? Carter has a PhD in astrophysics from MIT, so, yeah...she's a doctor. The word DOCTOR does NOT mean medical doctor or physician. PhDs were around way before MDs. An MD is a professional degree, not an academic degree. Doctor is Latin for teacher. There is no teaching in medicine, just doing. If you can accept McKay and Daniel and Zelenka as doctors, why not Carter? Her military rank has nothing to do with it.

The holder of the degree decides when and where to use it. In the military, unless one is a physician, dentist, pharmacist, psychologist, or biomedical scientist, rank is preferred over academic titles. This is out of the "American medical tradition". Unfortunately, and incorrectly, in the US, most common people denote the term doctor with medical people, not true scholars. A physician is a body mechanic, no more, no less. A PhD is a scholar and researcher, and often, a teacher.

Carter's primary role is that of officer/scientist, so her rank would be used before her academic title. Now, if she were German, she'd be Fraulein Lt. Colonel Dr. Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                          Uh, excuse me? Carter has a PhD in astrophysics from MIT, so, yeah...she's a doctor. The word DOCTOR does NOT mean medical doctor or physician. PhDs were around way before MDs. An MD is a professional degree, not an academic degree. Doctor is Latin for teacher. There is no teaching in medicine, just doing. If you can accept McKay and Daniel and Zelenka as doctors, why not Carter? Her military rank has nothing to do with it.

The holder of the degree decides when and where to use it. In the military, unless one is a physician, dentist, pharmacist, psychologist, or biomedical scientist, rank is preferred over academic titles. This is out of the "American medical tradition". Unfortunately, and incorrectly, in the US, most common people denote the term doctor with medical people, not true scholars. A physician is a body mechanic, no more, no less. A PhD is a scholar and researcher, and often, a teacher.

Carter's primary role is that of officer/scientist, so her rank would be used before her academic title. Now, if she were German, she'd be Fraulein Lt. Colonel Dr. Carter.
                          Very true. Daniel called Carter in CoG, Captain Dr. Carter.

Comment

Mckay & Beckett fan here !

Comment

How very European of him....

Comment

Working...
                              X