Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

This thread is for everyone who wants to express their disappointment about the lack of Jack O'Neill in season 9. Here you can vent, rant, whine and mope with like-minded folks as much as you want to without having to justify why you feel the way you feel.

All GW forum rules apply, in particular:
    Respect your fellow forum members!
    Respect the actor's decision to reduce his involvement/leave the show, don't debate it!

Disclaimer: so far there has been no official and final statement from any PTB about RDA's involvement in S9! All we know is that he has not signed on as a regular cast member. Therefore all the whining and ranting in this thread is ultimately speculation until there is an official announcement.
    Posters in this thread are aware of this and should not have to debate the sense of fretting about unconfirmed facts.

Originally posted by Feli
    This thread is for everyone who wants to express their disappointment about the lack of Jack O'Neill in season 9. Here you can vent, rant, whine and mope with like-minded folks as much as you want to without having to justify why you feel the way you feel.

All GW forum rules apply, in particular:
    Respect your fellow forum members!
    Respect the actor's decision to reduce his involvement/leave the show, don't debate it!

Disclaimer: so far there has been no official and final statement from any PTB about RDA's involvement in S9! All we know is that he has not signed on as a regular cast member. Therefore all the whining and ranting in this thread is ultimately speculation until there is an official announcement.
    Posters in this thread are aware of this and should not have to debate the sense of fretting about unconfirmed facts.

Good idea, Feli!

Okay:

I will miss him so much!!!!

Comment

I hope his leaving doesn't become official as I don't know if I'll want to watch it if he's not in it at all.

Comment

well i'll miss him... he's the main reason why i watch the show!
        sigpic

Comment

times ten.
          "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
          *Jack holds up three fingers*
          ------------------------------
          Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
          Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles
            times ten.
            Seems like I should have created a few more sad smileys for this thread.

Comment

I gotta say - he is one of the main reasons I watch the show, Jack makes me smile and RDA is just so darn good lookin'! I will miss his presence in the show, as I have really missed him during his reduced schedule. But alas, i have my DVD's to keep me smilin'

I will still watch the show, but miss the original!!!

S

Comment

Jack kicked ass! he brought comedy relief to the show and it's serious moments. I just feel sorry for the poor guy who ends up having to replace him!

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
                  Jack kicked ass! he brought comedy relief to the show and it's serious moments. I just feel sorry for the poor guy who ends up having to replace him!

There is no replace for him!!!
                  Nobody can replace him and every attempt to do so, would be a slap into the faces of his fans.
                  I really hope this new character (sorry, can't remember the name ) has his own personality and is not a cheap imitation of Jack!
                  That would make it even worse.
                  Don't get me wrong: I can totally understand RDA's decision...it's just...it doesn't make me miss him less.
                  I think, I could live with Stargate without a Stargate , but Stargate without Jack....that's torture!

Comment

The entire cast interaction just won't be the same. The timing and off the wall adlibs between Rick and Michael were timeless! Those two had fantastic chemistry (not the romantic kind, ew). And the show won't be as funny, because all of his adlibs will be gone. Season 8 Jack just doesn't fit right now.

I am gonna miss Rick terribly. I would almost bet that they won't release how many episodes Rick will be in (if at all) because they want the ratings. They don't want a ratings spike just when he appears.

The opening credits just won't feel as exciting. Granted, I've missed those eyes since Season Six, but at least he's been in the credits.

sigpic

Comment

promoting him to general was just a bad idea in the first place. he's only gone offworld once this season, and he no longer has the mentality he used to have. even though he'll be there for a few eps in s9, i'll miss him being there.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Well, I'll miss him, but I'm interested in Ben Browder joining the cast.

I don't really want him to leave. He rocks as commander of the SGC.

I don't really know about Beau Bridges being the commander...

I'll miss Jack...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                          Don't get me wrong: I can totally understand RDA's decision...it's just...it doesn't make me miss him less.
                          And why should it? Unltimately the reasons for why a character is no longer in a show - them being reasons you approve of or not - will hardly change the way you feel.

It's the same when you complain about something trivial, for example not getting your favorite brand of chocolate at the store. Someone will inevitably tell you that there are people starving - that's correct and it's terrible but it doesn't negate your right to complain and be disappointed about not having the chocolate.
                          Okay, maybe the chocolate/people starving example is a bit extreme but you get what I mean, right?

Comment

Thanks, Feli. (((Feli)))

I know that nothing I whine about will change anything that's been decided but, it's my perogative to whine if I want to. *harumph*

*whines piteously* I'm gonna miss Jack!!!!!!!

His kick-a$$ attitude, his smart-a$$ remarks, his a$$ .
                            I'll still have him in DVD's (both Stargate and MacGyver) but, I most likely won't watch S9.
                            I absolutely respect the man for his decision to spend time with his daughter but, *whines again*
                            I WANT JACK!!

Hey Feli! You need to have a 'whining' smiley.
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                              And why should it? Unltimately the reasons for why a character is no longer in a show - them being reasons you approve of or not - will hardly change the way you feel.

It's the same when you complain about something trivial, for example not getting your favorite brand of chocolate at the store. Someone will inevitably tell you that there are people starving - that's correct and it's terrible but it doesn't negate your right to complain and be disappointed about not having the chocolate.
                              Okay, maybe the chocolate/people starving example is a bit extreme but you get what I mean, right?

Yeah, got it!
                              That's what I wanted to say!
                              (Actually, RDA and chocolate is a good comparison....YUMMY ...but that belongs to another thread. )

And now back to being depressed: I WILL MISS HIM TERRIBLY!!! *whine*

Comment

Working...
                              X