Fear of the SGC/Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of the SGC/Earth

With all the power Earth has by the end of the series (having Asgard and Ancient technology) and their track record (ousting the Goa'uld, Replicators, and Ori as well as kicking the crap out of the Lucian Alliance and wraith) do you think that any of Earth's allies might begin to fear Earth? This may not happen in O'Neill's lifetime or Teal'c's lifetime but do you think eventually the other races like Tok'ra and Jaffa will grow slightly fearful of Earth and what it can do? Humans have comparatively short lives so their leadership will seem to change quickly and if the new guys in charge decide to become conquerors, the Jaffa and Tok'ra may suffer the same fate as all of the Tau'ri's other former foes.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    do you think that any of Earth's allies might begin to fear Earth?
    gotta imagine that most species in the Milky Way would begin to have a strong sense of Deja Vu with Earth. Single dominant race and all that.

So yea, i think a lot of allies and non-allies would be very concerned, especially if the IOA has to make a choice between Earth and it's allies. It's not like we have a stellar track record of making the right choice the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      gotta imagine that most species in the Milky Way would begin to have a strong sense of Deja Vu with Earth. Single dominant race and all that.

So yea, i think a lot of allies and non-allies would be very concerned, especially if the IOA has to make a choice between Earth and it's allies. It's not like we have a stellar track record of making the right choice the first time around.
      The circumstances of the SGC and the Goa'uld are nothing alike. Earth is hardly "dominant". I would think Earth would need to rule most of the worlds in the galaxy for deja vu to happen.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        The circumstances of the SGC and the Goa'uld are nothing alike. Earth is hardly "dominant". I would think Earth would need to rule most of the worlds in the galaxy for deja vu to happen.
        Considering our truly godlike technology, it´s only a matter of time before 304´s patrol the galaxies and we control thousands of worlds.

Comment

There is more to controlling worlds than simply having ships. We have found and been gifted technology but our society is still primitive. "We," as in the SGC, doesn't even control one world. How can Earth come to dominate the galaxy when their own planet isn't even really unified?
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I don't think Earth will go down the road of being conquerers like the Goa'uld. It would be more on the lines of using the Ancient and Asgard tech to make sure they are secure and then assert their influence through mutual sharing of technology and knowledge with their allies to work together to maintain a peaceful coexistence. I don't think they would like to be feared as such.

Of course this is all dependent on the fact that the people of Earth get their act together and avoid destroying themselves and their planet!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              I don't think Earth will go down the road of being conquerers like the Goa'uld.
              Considering human history, odds are like 99% that we will conquer the galaxy. Not Goa'uld style. Our style.

The Galaxy has every reason to fear humanity, especially when they pick up a history book.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                Considering human history, odds are like 99% that we will conquer the galaxy. Not Goa'uld style. Our style.

The Galaxy has every reason to fear humanity, especially when they pick up a history book.
                Too true. Our entire planetary history is rife with war and stryfe..

Comment

And then you have future colonies declaring their independence because earth is holding them back causing conflicts or even wars.

The Tau'ri should never have made it this far past the Goa'uld, and even then, it was irresponsible of the Asgards to gift them all their knowledge and technologies knowing how immature and warlike they were.

So yes, other species should be very scared of the Tau'ri, directly or indirectly.

Comment

Combine that with, was it not for our 'arrogance' the wraith AND asurans would not have been unleashed on the entirety of the Pegasus galaxy, and in one case came close to threatening earth itself.

Comment

The wraith were already destroying planets in the Pegasus galaxy before the Tauri even got there. The Ori discovering the Milky Way is probably a better example.
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 29 February 2016, 12:55 AM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The wraith were already destroying planets in the Pegass galaxy before the Tauri even got there. The Ori discovering the Milky Way is probably a better example.
                        Maybe my ideas are just very different, but the ori were one thing the SGC could not have predicted.

Rather, why not start with the Goa'uld? we started killing them left and right with no regard for what that would do to the galactic balance of power (read: it made a few goa'uld only stronger). They never would've been defeated if it weren't for the Replicators. Explicit requests from the Tok'ra to stop willy-nilly killing Goa'uld were ignored.

Basically, we've already shown that we do as we please. We're favorable to the galaxy now, true. But i think numerous Jaffa, Tok'ra and human diplomats and leaders have nightmares about what happens if we're under different leadership or if they do something we don't like.

I mean, there are numerous "us before them" politicians gaining significant amounts of power across the globe in real life. And that's just humans vs humans. Pretty sure we'll stop being racist to ourselves and start being racist to the rest of the galaxy.

Comment

The wraith were already destroying planets in the Pegass galaxy before the Tauri even got there. The Ori discovering the Milky Way is probably a better example.
                          Not really. The wraith culled them, but left them to rebuild (and repopulate), time and time again. Compare that to how many were wiped out after we woke them too early, unleashed the Hoffan virus/Michael AND the asurans on the galaxy, i actually understood why that trial happened in S5..

Comment

Sateda was completely annihilated. And since Ronon was there, it was after wraith hibernation cycle but before the Atlantis Expedition arrived from the Milky Way.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

If only Daniel had not meddle with another culture, if only Jack had ignored Ra. If only they had returned and said nope, not ready to deal with this stuff just yet.

From a story perspective of course because we wouldn't be here either.

Comment

Working...
                              X