Stargate RPG Consultation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate RPG Consultation thread

I am about to run a Stargate RPG for a few friends and i created this thread to pop ideas off you guys as well as receive suggestions for missions and the like. i will also keep you apprised of the campaign's progress.
    sigpic

You need an Asgard rigger and a Jaff'a samurai for starters
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      You need an Asgard rigger and a Jaff'a samurai for starters
      if only i was running a stargate shadowrun... sadly this will be a GURPS game starting in 1997
      sigpic

Comment

Why not use the actual system?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starga...eplaying_game)
        sigpic

Comment

i have in the past and i hated it, it was way to clunky and Gurps can be modified to run any type of RPG

anyway the mechanics of the game are not that relevant to this thread more so looking for feedback and ideas for new planets and mission ideas and story arks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k View Post
            i have in the past and i hated it, it was way to clunky and Gurps can be modified to run any type of RPG
            Fair enough.
            anyway the mechanics of the game are not that relevant to this thread more so looking for feedback and ideas for new planets and mission ideas and story arks
            Well, if I think of anything I will put it here, but if you want to bounce, fire away.
            sigpic

Comment

i'm thinking of 2 ideas both starting in 1997

a Sg team operating concurrently to the series

or

everybody is an alien experiencing the events from a completely different perspective maybe not even running into a SG team for a few years
              sigpic

Comment

i'm thinking of 2 ideas both starting in 1997

a Sg team operating concurrently to the series
                If you run concurrently, you get the issue of players rarely being the "big hero's", which is something I was never a fan of in my Dragonlance days. Loved the setting, loved the world, but it was always going to be the "canon hero's" who do all the really huge stuff.
                You can work around it if they are not big "mythology of the show" fans, or you could always kill SG-1 off........
                or

everybody is an alien experiencing the events from a completely different perspective maybe not even running into a SG team for a few years
                Harder to pull off unless you have a small group, or everyone is the same Alien or share group affiliation. It does present the problem that some of the appeal of Stargate is the fact it is "contemporary scifi"
                sigpic

Comment

i will have no more than 5 players most of whom have never seen the series but like the idea of running a mission then watching a few episodes
                  sigpic

Comment

i will have no more than 5 players most of whom have never seen the series but like the idea of running a mission then watching a few episodes
                    Hmm, I have a thought, but have you watched all of SG-1 yourself?
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I have a thought, but have you watched all of SG-1 yourself?
                      I'm at the point that all I need to see is 30 seconds of an episode and I can tell you the name of the episode what season and a general synopsis

I've watched all of it multiple times
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL!!

OK, you -could- move your start point to 2003 and instead of running a concurrent series, run the events after the Odyssey went missing in unending and use the episodes as "mission files" for the SG-1.
                        That way you get to play with all the toys of SG-1, Atlantis would not be around, and the Ori would not be a big issue as most of their fleet is caught in the time trap projected by the Odyssey.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X