SGC initial briefing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC initial briefing

I'm trying to find the standard briefing the SGC uses to initiate civilians and military personnel to the stargate program i know i have heard parts of it throughout the series but i was wondering if there is a full version of it anywhere
    sigpic

Originally posted by Rail'k View Post
    I'm trying to find the standard briefing the SGC uses to initiate civilians and military personnel to the stargate program i know i have heard parts of it throughout the series but i was wondering if there is a full version of it anywhere
    Not that i know of. It's mostly that they travel to other planets via a device called the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Not that i know of. It's mostly that they travel to other planets via a device called the stargate.
      then lets try to peace it together: and fill in the needed blanks for a full breafing i think it starts with:

"In 1928, in Giza, Egypt, archaeologists uncovered an ancient device capable of instantaneous transportation to other planets by means of a sub-space wormhole."

or maybe even

“I’ve asked you here to inform you of a top-secret operation the United States Air Force has been operating out of Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado. It's called the Stargate Program.

The Stargate
      The device was discovered in Egypt in 1928 where it lay buried for several thousand years. In 1945, a team of scientists hoping to find a military application for the device successfully established a stable wormhole by a process of random dialing. It was, for all intents and purposes, a lucky accident, which they were unable to repeat. The Gate remained inactive. Until two years ago, when Dr. Daniel Jackson, joined the program. Dr. Jackson successfully deciphered the symbols on the Gate, allowing us to begin routine exploration of alien worlds.“
      Last edited by Rail'k; 24 November 2015, 12:55 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k View Post
        then lets try to peace it together: and fill in the needed blanks for a full breafing i think it starts with:
        Actually, i believe it either starts with "I'm here to inform you about a device called the stargate / the stargate program", or alternatively "for years now, we've been travelling to other planets via a device called the stargate"

The briefings themselves seem to lack details, so it would probably be in the form of

"The stargate is an alien artifact uncovered in giza that sends you to other planets via an artificial wormhole. The first time we encountered a hostile species called the Goa'uld, whom we've been at war with for years and ultimately defeated. However, we've also encountered and allied numerous human aliens as well as an alien race called the Asgard. Through exploration we have uncovered a number of technologies that have been used in the successful defense of earth and now, through our efforts, the Galaxy is a much safer place"

Comment

The Daniel Jackson videos from the first episode of SGU would probably be a good reference for this too.

Comment

There's one in the core rulebook of the RPG, but it's about recruiting people, not informing them of what they're walking into (pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              The Daniel Jackson videos from the first episode of SGU would probably be a good reference for this too.
              IMO those would work great. IIRC there is still links to those on the site somewhere.

Originally posted by nivao View Post
              There's one in the core rulebook of the RPG, but it's about recruiting people, not informing them of what they're walking into (pun intended).
              Do you have a screen cap of it, or can you write it out (if not long)?

Comment

Aren't the Jackson videos features on the DVD?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've always imagined a short presentation then a slightly longer break for brandy/smelling salts/medical assistance before the first video was shown again as no one will have really paid attention past about the first minute......

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Do you have a screen cap of it, or can you write it out (if not long)?
                    Making the offer:
                    "Good afternoon, <insert rank and name>. I am Major <insert rank and name> from the Pentagon, sent here by the authority of the President of the United States and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I am ordered to solicit your participation in a Top Secret project critical to the security of the nation. I am forbidden from discussing with you the nature of this project, its mission, or your potential involvement. I can only tell you that I have in my possession papers authorizing your immediate transfer to this new command upon your acceptance. Your selection in this project is entirely voluntary and if you refuse this offer you will not be contacted again. Furthermore, you are ordered by your Commander In Chief to deny that this conversation took place, that I was ever here, or that you have been tendered this assignment. What say you?"

This is taken literally from the book. It's used for roleplaying purposes when you create a new character, and can be changed to fit any use, such as for civilians. It's not a briefing given to new recruits after they sign on, but it's a start.

Comment

Rather brief.. Effectively telling you squat, until and unless you 'sign your life away'..

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                        Making the offer:
                        "Good afternoon, <insert rank and name>. I am Major <insert rank and name> from the Pentagon, sent here by the authority of the President of the United States and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I am ordered to solicit your participation in a Top Secret project critical to the security of the nation. I am forbidden from discussing with you the nature of this project, its mission, or your potential involvement. I can only tell you that I have in my possession papers authorizing your immediate transfer to this new command upon your acceptance. Your selection in this project is entirely voluntary and if you refuse this offer you will not be contacted again. Furthermore, you are ordered by your Commander In Chief to deny that this conversation took place, that I was ever here, or that you have been tendered this assignment. What say you?"

This is taken literally from the book. It's used for roleplaying purposes when you create a new character, and can be changed to fit any use, such as for civilians. It's not a briefing given to new recruits after they sign on, but it's a start.
                        "What say you?" .... Makes it sound like the recruiter was reading a ton of Tolkien before showing up on the poor sap's doorstep.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                        X