Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were women on SG teams required to be on birth control?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were women on SG teams required to be on birth control?

They're going into potentially dangerous places, and places that are dangerous for men are usually twice as dangerous for women. Considering how many fiascos SG1 alone has managed to get themselves into (not even counting the messes that other teams have undoubtedly got into offworld) I'd be surprised if they didn't mandate birth control for female SG team members.

I doubt it would be required but they would probably have access to what they needed. I don't think any group in the US can force birth control on people (well unless you believe the pro-life propaganda).

Comment

What is your fascination with women and sexual situations? And now birth control?

Can women not be strong and independant without feeling the need to hop into bed with every male character on the show cause he winked at her? Or talked sweet or whatever?

What woman isn't on birth control these days? Except for the pro-lifers...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Can women not be strong and independant without feeling the need to hop into bed with every male character on the show cause he winked at her? Or talked sweet or whatever?
        I got the impression he's talking about the non-voluntary type of sexy time.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          I got the impression he's talking about the non-voluntary type of sexy time.
          There's a pattern in her posts...

But for the non-voluntary type... yes, well... I imagine that female officers and soldiers have all the help at their disposal in order to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Apparently they don't... they can't get it for free and have to figure it out themselves, whichever way they want to go.

Rep: Female Troops Need Free Birth Control

Comment

I imagine that female officers and soldiers have all the help at their disposal in order to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
            In the case of the Stargate program they probably do. Imagine giving birth to a hebridan in a public hospital. No, for the purpose of keeping the 'gate program secret they probably ensured no alien pregnancies.

Comment

No, for the purpose of keeping the 'gate program secret they probably ensured no alien pregnancies.
              LOL!!

"I think it's a girl... or a boy... or... Oh my..."

Comment

LOL!!

"i...i think it's a snake. And i'm not talking about down there!"

Comment

In the case of the Stargate program they probably do. Imagine giving birth to a hebridan in a public hospital. No, for the purpose of keeping the 'gate program secret they probably ensured no alien pregnancies.
                  They probably do require birth control or make it available?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                    They probably do require birth control or make it available?
                    Well i guess a pill is cheaper than a mandatory pregnancy test after every mission plus potential abortions for weird alien pregnancies.

Comment

LOL!!

Anyone else now wishing now that they had made that episode

Still, I suppose the V comparisons would have been to much.....

Comment

I'm fairly sure the fic exists.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the fic exists.
                          Does that fall under rule 34 of the internet?

Comment

Does that fall under rule 34 of the internet?
                            I don't know, what's rule 34? We don't speak of it?

Comment

I don't know, what's rule 34? We don't speak of it?
                              more about doing unspeakable things. Is there a rule "if it's weird, it exists?" on the internet?

Comment

Working...
                              X