Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    His exact words after escaping and talking to that boy were:

"Go to the city. Find somebody important. Tell them I'm back. Tell them I know what they did, and I'm on my way. And if they ask you who I am; tell them I took the long way round."

He then turns back to the confession wheel and adds:

"You can probably still hear me. So just between ourselves, you got the the prophecy wrong. The hybrid is not half Dalek. Nothing is half Dalek, the Daleks would never allow that. The Hybrid, destined to conquer Galifrey and stand in its ruins... is me."

So from the sounds of that he seems to be blaming the Timelords for something but it doesn't necessarily mean that he blames them for the confession wheel. That being said, if this is one of those secrets that only the Doctor knows and made sure no one else would know them, it is possible that he needed to admit to being the Hybrid in order to become the Hybrid if you see what I mean...
    I do think that the Doctor believes the Time Lords are behind some of it. But I am not certain he is correct. What happened to him seemed all too personal. Somebody really wanted him to suffer. I can't see the Time Lords behaving like that. They are far too cold. I don't understand why would they get Ashildr to trap the Doctor and footle around with magic castles in order to get him to confess when all they need to do is to time scoop him to Gallifrey and use the mind probe on him. Though I have to say I'm a bit confused about how time locks and Gallifrey being in a pocket universe affects all this. [Umm... has Gallifrey been in the Doctor's pocket all along? ] If the Time Lords were really angry they could just burn the Doctor out of existence if they wish.

Anyway, to my mind there is a real personal grudge about all of this that just doesn't sit right with the Time Lords being behind it.

However that being said, I am kinda hoping that Susan is still something to do with this.
    Ohh me too!!

In fact I am hoping that Susan will travel with the Doctor again. I don't mind a regeneration if Carole Ann Ford isn't up to it.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 29 November 2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I thought Face The Raven was Peter Capaldi's best Doctor Who episode, but this one was even better, heck i think this may be my favorite Doctor Who episode period it was fun from start to finish
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Maybe it is GUS...

Who or what is GUS?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I had a headache before the Episode started, so I wasnt able to appreciate any of it. Will probably need a rewatch to figure stuff out. All I can say is poor Doctor, but I wonder if he did that to himself. It was a confession dail after all, like the one he carried around and gave Ashildr. It may be that its not the same and the dail Ashildr has is his way home.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This was my favourite episode of Doctor Who ever.

Also, did anyone else expect the Doctor to say that the Hybrid was half-human?
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Sweet episode...

I would bet that the 'trap' was set by Gus from the 'Mummy on the Orient Express' last season.

What if you knew you were destined to turn evil (for a while) and your only way to defeat your future evil self was to lie to yourself until you believed that lie?

I really really hope they turn Capaldi dark at season's end.

Comment

Regeneration in progress... you don't think John Simm is coming back, do you?
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  Regeneration in progress... you don't think John Simm is coming back, do you?
                  Or Clara.. Timelord wannabe gets her wish..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    Or Clara.. Timelord wannabe gets her wish..
                    Given that line about the doctor breaking rules that highly possible.

Comment

why didn't the wall he took billions of years to smash, reset like everything else did?
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                        why didn't the wall he took billions of years to smash, reset like everything else did?
                        I think the castle was constructed so that particular wall didn't reset. That was one of the punishments. He had to either confess or spend 2 billion years smashing through the wall to escape.

Comment

Ah OK. i dont think Clara is dead as we're told that Clara was born to save the Doctor. Presumably somebody was behind that though. Who would that be?

Also, the Doctor at some stage has picked a new identity to presumably cover up what happened with the old one. So maybe this relates?
                          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            I do think that the Doctor believes the Time Lords are behind some of it. But I am not certain he is correct. What happened to him seemed all too personal. Somebody really wanted him to suffer. I can't see the Time Lords behaving like that. They are far too cold. I don't understand why would they get Ashildr to trap the Doctor and footle around with magic castles in order to get him to confess when all they need to do is to time scoop him to Gallifrey and use the mind probe on him. Though I have to say I'm a bit confused about how time locks and Gallifrey being in a pocket universe affects all this. [Umm... has Gallifrey been in the Doctor's pocket all along? ] If the Time Lords were really angry they could just burn the Doctor out of existence if they wish.

Anyway, to my mind there is a real personal grudge about all of this that just doesn't sit right with the Time Lords being behind it.

Ohh me too!!

In fact I am hoping that Susan will travel with the Doctor again. I don't mind a regeneration if Carole Ann Ford isn't up to it.
                            That is true. Off the top of my head I can only think of Davros or the Daleks who hate the Doctor that much too... other than himself of course.

Ah OK. i dont think Clara is dead as we're told that Clara was born to save the Doctor. Presumably somebody was behind that though. Who would that be?

Also, the Doctor at some stage has picked a new identity to presumably cover up what happened with the old one. So maybe this relates?
                            We already know who was behind Clara. She dove into the Doctor's own timeline and a version of herself has saved the doctor over and over again over the centuries at different points.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So clara could appear in the last episode to save him?

Comment

So clara could appear in the last episode to save him?
                                Could be some version of Clara I suppose. But it wouldn't be the same Clara.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X