Jaffa Ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Ranks

I’ve recently re watched Stargate sg1 from beginning to end and something occurred to me. if there is a First Prime does that mean that there are multiple Primes, like a second prime or third prime, what are the Jaffa ranks dose a first prime just point at someone and say you lead this group.

As I always understood it, becoming First Prime was an elite position. It would only befall the bravest and most loyal of soldiers, those who distinguished themselves in battle and lived to tell the tale.

A First Prime to me is like a general perhaps. Definitely a confidant of the Goa'uld in charge.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

From all i remember, there are only the rank and file Jaffa, and First primes for established ranks.

Comment

There's just one 'First Prime' per Goa'uld. The other Jaffa ranks aren't ever labelled in the show but some Jaffa are trusted with leading campaigns and other things so there is some form of hierarchy.

Early on they may have been intending to have 'Second Primes'. Remember in The Nox when Apophis's Jaffa had silver tatoos (rather than the Gold first prime one)? I don't think this was ever seen again. The only other example of a differing tatoo was Shau'nac who had a sparkly one to show she was a priestess.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I took it as a form of rank, though only a handful get to it. And as shown by Bra-teck, they can "retire".
          sigpic

Comment

Probably. Makes sense to have a rank structure. It would have been nice of they created a rank structure that we can see.
            Hi There!

Comment

Working...
            X