Goa'uld foot soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld foot soldiers

This hit me when I was doing some writing. When Anubis made his kull warriors, he had to get a queen to make them blank slates because the Goa'uld would be ego-maniacal and power hungry, making them ineffective foot soldiers. But then, what about ashrak? Why would they be bad foot soldiers but good assassins? And can't you do whatever was done to make ashrak not have these traits to the kull warriors?

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

I always figured that Ashrak were lower Goa'uld who became assassins as a means to get power. You cozy up to a System Lord, bring in their bounties and soon have connections all over the empire.

That or maybe they were brainwashed.

Comment

I think the Ashrak were essentially low-ranking goa'uld and by being limited in numbers, could be fairly well controlled. Since Kull were meant to be mass-produced, he needed Blank Slates or else they'd be uncontrollable.

Comment

As thekillman said, Ashrak are essentially just low ranking Goa'uld. Perhaps even ones that have been given an ultimatum by higher ranks in the realms of "Work for me, kill for me, or I will kill you." I'm sure successful Ashraks have opportunities to earn higher status and more power over time.

Of course like human assassins it could just be because they are good at it. Most Goa'uld are power crazed but then again we mainly see them when they are in positions of power but like in real life, some people don't really want power. Ashraks might just like what they do and like the simplicity and challenge of being a gun for hire and do it for that reason.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Of course like human assassins it could just be because they are good at it. Most Goa'uld are power crazed but then again we mainly see them when they are in positions of power but like in real life, some people don't really want power. Ashraks might just like what they do and like the simplicity and challenge of being a gun for hire and do it for that reason.
          Or their desire to murder people personally is greater than murdering people by orbital bombardment.

Either way, the Ashrak seem to be pretty limited in numbers, which is why they can be controlled, which is why Kull can't be controlled. besides, wasn't Anubis' endgame to populate the galaxy with mindless drones anyway?

Comment

Maybe they were somehow failed bondings.. Who's mind had cracked from the take over..

Comment

Possibly they didn't want power like the System Lords and similar Goa'uld wanted but liked to inflict death and pain instead.
              Hi There!

Comment

Point taken.
                One thing i would also have liked to see more of.. Other first primes.

Comment

I would have liked to see more of the lesser Goa'uld maybe even those were more or less neutral in personality. They still think themselves as above humans.
                  Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                  X