Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions about ChiCon 2015

Hey guys,

It is going to be my first time in Chicago, so I was wondering about two things:

- Is the autographing sessions before or after the actors' panels?
    - Do they have AC in those panel rooms? (Don't want to freeze or dress too warmly)

Thanks in advance!

It can be both- and sometimes during. Creation doesn't have the best of scheduling to be honest. Majority of the time they'll do signings for the big names (Michael, Amanda) in the morning, and other names (like Joe etc) in the evenings. But this can change depending on flights and activities.

There is AC in the ballroom (only room for panels) but take a light jacket in case you get col

If you have any more questions feel free to message me or join this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/7132...ilter=upcoming

Comment

Thanks a bunch for your answer! I guess I will just have to wait and see.

One other questions just popped up. Do you usually get "ushered" through the autograph line or can you actually exchange a word or two with the actor/actress? Or is that something that isn't allowed (talking to them...)? Just wondering, I've seen enough.

Comment

With "ushered" I meant "pushed and rushed through". Sorry, English is not my native language.

Comment

It depends. I've been in some where you can actually get a hi and a few words back and forth and I've had others where the talent doesn't even look up when signing or does it as an after thought.

You can talk with the actors while they are signing, there is no rule about not talking, just speak fast and don't get offended if you get cut off because they are on to the next person's autograph!

Basically though, Creation keeps the line moving and the people helping the actors are told to keep the line moving so I'd say it's more the 'pushed and rushed through' mainly because there are so many people getting autographs and it takes a few hours to get everyone through the line.

The actors that are in the merchandise room, they are there throughout the day or event and they will take time to talk with you, those autographs are more relaxed and not pushed unless you are hogging the actors time.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is it guaranteed that if I have a ticket for an autograph, that I get to get one? I don't want to be standing in line there and all of a sudden I hear "sorry, no more autographs today". That would be a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Belle78 View Post

Is it guaranteed that if I have a ticket for an autograph, that I get to get one? I don't want to be standing in line there and all of a sudden I hear "sorry, no more autographs today". That would be a bummer.
              Nothing is a guarantee though Creation does try really hard to make sure they get all the autographs in if you are in line. I did go to one where they had Joe so tightly scheduled for autographs and then getting to the airport that many in line didn't get his autograph, but that seems to be more of a rare issue with Creation. That was the only convention, and I've been to quite a few, where I saw that not everyone got an autograph, though all the Gold and Silver tickets holders did get theirs. I believe in a situation like this you would also get a refund or exchange for another autograph if something like that were to happen.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Typically, you shouldn't have anything to worry about unless you forget to be present when they do the autograph session. As, most of the time, they have multiple lines for autographs they will call out for people with autograph tickets for particular guests who may be reaching the end of their line and ask people to get those autographs before the others.

The worst you might experience is they will decide that there is too much demand and not permit any personalizing.

Comment

I agree with the others. It would be a very rare occurrence to not get an autograph unless you aren't in the room and just happen to miss it. I have seen a couple (2?) times when a guest or 2 walked down the autograph line, signing as they went, because they had to get to the airport. If you miss your row, you can still get in line at the back.

Beware, Rainbow is an exceptionally slow signer. LOL! Shouldn't be as bad since he has all weekend, but if there's a line, be prepared to be in it a while. That's because he likes to chat and draw pictures for people, so at least it's worth it.

If it's Sunday and you need to catch a plane, let Creation know. They will move you up in the line, so you can get your autographs and still leave on time. For people in GA who have individual autograph tickets, listen out for them calling ticket numbers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X