Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaiicon 2015 (September 10-13, 2015) (Updates and GateWorld time-exclusive deals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaiicon 2015 (September 10-13, 2015) (Updates and GateWorld time-exclusive deals)

Hey everyone! This thread should have been up a LONG time ago, but my output here on the site has slowed to an almost non-existent crawl since I went back to school to get my Bachelor's degree in Journalism. My apologies for so long of a wait.

Despite some initial setbacks, HawaiiCon 2014 was a massive success. With the lessons learned from its first year, the 2015 event will be even better than last year (and I have to say, last year was hard to top -- I got married out there and members of the Atlantis cast stood up for my wife and I at our wedding)

This year's event is just as full, and an extra day has been added making it a 4-day event. Guests announced thus far include:

Rod Roddenberry (Gene Roddenberry's son)
    Christopher Judge ("Teal'c" on Stargate SG-1)
    Teryl Rothery ("Dr. Janet Fraiser" on SG-1, Cedar Cove, Kyle XY)
    Tony Amendola ("Bra'tac" on SG-1, Once Upon A Time, Continuum)
    Aaron Douglas ("Chief Tyrol" on Battlestar Galactica)
    Cree Summer (30-year veteran voice actress for hundreds of cartoons and commercials)
    Steve Blum (voice actor on "Cowboy Bebop", "Legend of Korra", "Star Wars Rebels"
    Janet Varney (voice of Korra in "Legend of Korra", also "Entourage" and "Burning Love")
    Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (voice actress for many anime features)
    Melissa Fahn (voice of Betty Boop, also credits from "Invader Zim", "Digimon" and more)
    Brad Bell (writer/producer)
    Jane Espenson (writer/producer -- Whedonverse, "Once Upon A Time", "Warehouse 13", etc.)
    Bill Morrison ("The Simpsons" illustrator)

and many more, including authors, artists...the works.

One of the best and most unique things about the con is that you get the chance to actually truly interact with the actors. For the same price as a private meet and greet at other cons, you can actually go on adventures with the actors here. Want to go snorkeling with Christopher Judge? You can do that at HawaiiCon. A dive with Teryl Rothery among giant Manta Rays sound more fun? You can do that. Stay dry and tour the coastline with Tony Amendola? It's a done deal. This convention is literally the most relaxed one you will ever find -- you can hang out with the guests and it doesn't even feel like a convention.

90% of last year's inaugural attendees are returning -- join them! I'll be on hand again this year representing both GateWorld and the Stargate programming on-hand. And as an extra added incentive, HawaiiCon has graciously allowed GateWorld first crack at some of the specials on-hand for that weekend. This link is private and will be presented to the general public at the end of June...and spots are limited for some of them. So act quickly!

See you in Hawaii in a few months! Mahalo! (Feel free to message me privately here if you have questions on the event -- I can answer any you may have).
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

So gutted. Why are so many conventions in that part of the world? Hope everyone who goes has a great time.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X