This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONTEST THREAD: Win tickets to the 2015 Chicago Creation Convention

The 2014 event was dubbed "The Final Journey". But after an outpouring of support from fans and attendees, Creation Entertainment listened and this year's convention was announced. Will 2015 be the final year of Stargate for the convention company? It is possible, and it makes this convention all the more important (and bittersweet) to be at. Now entering its twelfth consecutive year, Creation Entertainment‘s Official Stargate Convention will visit the Chicago area in mid-August. Taking place at the Westin O’Hare, the event will run from August 14 to Ausust 16, and promises a very full three days of Stargate celebrities and fun!

Allowing for the possibility that this year's event could be the final convention Creation Entertainment puts together, a mix of guests from the casts of all three live-action Stargate series have been assembled. As of this writing, a whopping 15 guests are scheduled to appear. Thus far, they include:

From Stargate SG-1: Amanda Tapping (“Samantha Carter”) returns to the Creation stages to co-headline the SG-1 portion of the con, and is also bringing Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") with her. Others from the series making an appearance include Ben Browder (“Cameron Mitchell” and Farscape‘s “John Crichton”), Gary Jones (“Walter Harriman”), Suanne Braun ("Hathor"), Peter Williams ("Apophis"), Dan Payne and Alex Zahara (the latter two having several different roles over the series’ run).

From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), a perennial favorite, anchors the Atlantis cast members attending. Others scheduled to appear from the Pegasus Galaxy include Chuck Campbell ("Chuck" the technician), first-time Stargate convention attendee Sharon Taylor (technician "Amelia Banks"), fan-favorite Andee Frizzell ("Wraith Queen") and -- for the first time on a Creation stage in America after only ever appearing at the now-defunct Vancouver edition -- Rainbow Sun Francks ("Lt. Aiden Ford"), whose appearance will likely finish off many fans' Atlantis autograph and photo collections.

From Stargate Universe: Both newcomers to the Chicago convention stage, the 2015 event includes David Blue ("Eli Wallace") and Peter Kelamis ("Adam Brody")

With this event potentially being the final one Creation Entertainment puts together, ticket demand has been high and the highest level "Gold" passes have sold out completely. However, through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld has snagged and is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event.

These two Gold Weekend Passes are valued at approximately $840, and will provide the winner and their guest with:

Reserved seating for all three days of the event
    Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
    Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Karaoke Party
    In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending including Tapping, Shanks, Flanigan and more!

GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer this question: “What is your favorite Stargate alien race, and why?” Register first if you’re not a member of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)

We’ll randomly choose a winner in just seven days, on Sunday, June 14, 2015 — and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.

IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accommodations and other incidentals are not included.

Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!
    Last edited by doublecut; 07 June 2015, 08:42 AM.
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

My favorite Alien Race would be The Ancients because they are the reason we have Stargates to begin with! So, without them, we would have never been able to experience the journeys and wondrous worlds we have now become accustomed to as fans!

Comment

My favorite alien race is the Asgard, of course. Their technology is what draws me though, their ability to be so ahead in terms of space travel, resourcefulness, and intelligence. Too bad they went extinct!
      sigpic

Comment

Is this the tread to post in? If so, I like the nox the best because of their awesome technology and ability to hide stuff and yet still so humble.

Comment

I will probably go with plain old humans! Depiste being technologically disadvantaged compared to the other leading races, despite making many grave mistakes, they always learnt, they always found a way out of a near catastrophe, they always showed compassion, even when other races wouldn't! They are the Hufflepuffs of Stargate! Disadvantaged yet clever in their own way
          sigpic
          *picture found on deviantART*

"Hey, I'm doctor Rodney McKay, alright? Difficult takes a few seconds, impossible...a few minutes."

Follow me on Twitter & instagram: @sammyromie
          My homepage: sammysautographs.weebly.com

Comment

My favorite "alien" race would be the Asgard. They know we are a young race who have so many flaws but with those flaws of the hundreds of years they have been doing research on us they have also guided us as well as taught us about what is out in the universe while teaching us how to use their knowledge to become the fifth race.

Comment

My favorite race would have to be humans! we were the major factor in changing the "universe" as we know it. From destroying the system lords to rediscovering Atlantis!

Comment

My favorite race are the Satedans. I know we didn't see much of Ronon's race, but even that little bit was enough to see they would have been a great help against the wraith - if they had survived.
                sigpic

Comment

My favorite race are the Wraith because this lifesucking aliens looks so gothic with awesome style.

Comment

Favorite Race - Tok'ra

They are awesome....I mean Vanessa Angel....Do I need to say more?

They are our allies and would do anything to save other humans, including sacrificing themselves and of course they saved Jacob Carter.

Comment

My favorite race is the Nox. They had so much power but rarely used it except for good. I wish there were more people in the world (any world) like that. Plus going invisible is kind of cool as well.!
                      sigpic

Comment

My favorite Stargate alien race is the Ancients, because they, like the Asgard, represent that to which the human race can aspire. They had style and they did things big. They were also curious enough to launch Destiny, inspiring us with another two seasons of Stargate.

Comment

My favorite alien race would have to be the Tok'ra. The reason being because Martuf. I always liked the fact that Sam got to have a romantic relationship with one of them. And also because they are an ally in a universe where we really are the young ones.

Comment

My favorite alien race on Stargate was the Tok'ra. I loved the concept of the Goa'uld but hated their actions. The Tok'ra added so many storylines I also enjoyed.

Comment

Having to choose just one race is difficult as all the races are important in their own way. However, because I like Thor so much I choose the Asgaard as they lead and encourage the human race to be the best that we can be.

Comment

Working...
                              X