No announcement yet.

Whose loss was more gut-wrenching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus unlike Frasier or Beckett was from battle or doing their job. Where as Riley was cause of an accident.

Comment

An avoidable accident. Come to think of it the saddest moments for me was from SGU
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Janet's death made me the most sad. Assuming we count Weir's departures as a "death" then both of her's would about be as bad, since she left an even bigger void.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          An avoidable accident. Come to think of it the saddest moments for me was from SGU
          True, Rush could have told them to not go.

Comment

Or if Rush hadn't been messing with Destiny in the first place. Their was a reason the computer ignored that planet.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Fraiser's death was unexpected and thus gut-wrenching.
              Jackson's deaths were well done but not final - his reappearances were kinda funny and after the first death you knew what to expect with the second one.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                Fraiser's death was unexpected and thus gut-wrenching.
                Jackson's deaths were well done but not final - his reappearances were kinda funny and after the first death you knew what to expect with the second one.
                My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Janet's death was more of a shock for me than gut-wrenching. She was a key figure in the SGC and her death was part of one of the most emotional episodes of SG-1 that showed the bravery and devotion to duty of those in the SGC. It showed the reality of what they were up against in their fight against the Goa'uld.

However, it was Riley's death in SGU that was the gut-wrenching one for me. More so because his death was a senseless one that could have been avoided in the first place. The fact he was liked by others on Destiny and that he asked Young to speed up his end made it much more harrowing to watch. Even now I find it hard to watch that episode.

Comment

Elizabeth's death (all of them. Well, I'm talking about our timeline's Elizabeth Weir). It was the real beginning of the end for the franchise, IMO. Elizabeth, together with John and Rodney was the core of the Atlantis spinoff and Atlantis was the end of the franchise as we know it. SGU is VERY good, but it's not actually Stargate...

Anyways, I think tptb were wrong about this decision, even if they were forced to act in this particular way

Comment

Of course SGU is Stargate.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Pigs may produce bacon, but they are not bacon
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          However, it was Riley's death in SGU that was the gut-wrenching one for me. More so because his death was a senseless one that could have been avoided in the first place. The fact he was liked by others on Destiny and that he asked Young to speed up his end made it much more harrowing to watch. Even now I find it hard to watch that episode.
                          Completely agreed.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

you're right, technically it is Stargate. It's very different though and the most what it has in common with SG1 and SGA is the name. My opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
                              It's very different though and the most what it has in common with SG1 and SGA is the name.
                              That's quite an exaggeration.

But yea Riley was by far the most gut-wrenching

Comment

For me, it was Beckett.

The events of "Sunday" came out of left-field, with no time to prepare or brace the audience for what was going to happen. A genuine gut-punch.

Fraiser's death was telegraphed in the promos for that episode. I think they tried to cut the footage so it looked like O'Neill was going to die, but they hyped that a character was going to make "the ultimate sacrifice." That Janet would be the character was unexpected, but the audience was aware going in that someone wasn't going to make it and they could expect the tragedy.

Unexpected gut-punches are far more devastating.

Comment

Working...
                                X