No announcement yet.

GATECON UK - The Return - 12-15 November 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it goes off---I like the smaller ones. Few guests but ones I like. Ben Browder fan first of all but all of these guests are interesting. I am going to ChiCon as well but Creation let the B team run this in 2013 and it was sloppy. I don't want the stuff offered in the Gold so it is over-priced. I like the non-US con cocktail parties much better and the guests seem far more relaxed.
    Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Creation have been letting the B Team run things Stargate for a while now....they don't give a rats doo dah about it when they have bigger Cash Cows to run, aka Supernatural and the exhorbitant amounts of money they can cream off the fans in that fandom

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Couple of bits of news I noticed on the Facebook page...sadly it seems that the usual places that fans used to post about Con info, like this forum, are dead, dead, dead...

I have seen an announcement made a week or so ago that Ben Browder has been cancelled by Gatecon due to low ticket sales

I have seen on tweets today that as a last ditch attempt to get sales, Gatecon are offering, "pay half now, pay the rest later" offer until today.....then I assume they will make a definitive decision as to whether the Con will go ahead...

Sad day for the Stargate Fandom imho

Although many are enjoying Day One of LFCC where at least RDA is appearing...

As an aside, and purely my OWN personal opinion, if you don't have one or more of the Big Three/Four (like Fedcon did last year) you won't get tickets sales to sustain...

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

Well, it's official, this con has been cancelled.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GateconEvents/

There are so many conventions in Europe, hopefully they won't let this get them down and they will still plan for something in Vancouver and not around a major holiday time!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Sad news indeed. Perhaps waiting for the 20th Anniversary would be the thing after all, bring us all back to Vancouver for one big celebration of Stargate! Getting all four of the original SG-1 members together on stage would be the icing on the cake for me if they manage this! They would have to limit ticket sales and do the VIP thing again like they did for RDA in 2008 for that I bet! Imagine that photo op!

My perfect con would have a nice balance of guests from each series. A 'Stargate Military Commanders' panel starring O'Neill, Sheppard and Young would be a joy to watch.

Ok, I'll go back now to dreaming about all this happening along with winning the lottery.

Comment

Hi all, its Richard from Gatecon. We are gearing up for a big announcement on Sunday though today's Facebook and Twitter teaser may have just let the cat out of the bag!!

Comment

I think it was the least surprising surprise in Convention Land for a long time, but nevertheless very good news!!...glad it's returning to Vancouver and that the Big Three will be there again....

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

hehe thanks....just about to set up the new thread here with a bit of quick info, but after 9 hours sat at the keyboard since the launch I can't feel my fingers anymore. Will add full details in later on

Comment

Sorry to hear that as a european fan

Comment

Yeah, ditto....

Though if anyone wants to pay for me to go to Vancouver I will happily accept!

As it is stands, London would have been too expensive, so Vancouver's most definitely out of my price range!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                      X