How would YOU have approached Season 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would YOU have approached Season 6?

We know how Season 6 could have gone thanks to Joseph Mallozzi, but I'm curious to see how anyone else would have approached writing Season 6.

I would like to see some nice character arcs. Less McKay and more for Teyla, Ronon and Sheppard to do. Getting some actual closure for Elizabeth would be grand - just left floating in the middle of space was so disrespectful to her character. Maybe Teyla could do more with her people and make the Athosians more of a player in the Coalition of Planets? Ronon could have more runner-esque stuff and Sheppard could be the one to make really hard decisions. I like Woolsey as the leader of Atlantis. I thought he really grew as a character once he realised that not everything could be handle so decisively and to protocol. Some more appearances by Sam and Daniel would have been great - and of course more Teal'c wouldn't go amiss!

For me, it would have also been a great chance to really delve deep into the Wraith mythos, learning more about their physiology, social structure, reason for being, more of their relationship with the Ancients and hopefully seeing them advance in technology in some form so they could be considered a threat to the 304s (the Asgard beam weapons kinda made short work of the Hives). I wouldn't mind seeing more awesome Super Hive action - though I admit I'm a bit biased.

I think one of the problems with the series was diverting from the core premise and really under-utilising the Wraith as an opposing force. I wouldn't mind seeing them be more formidable. They're supposed to be so hard to kill and yet a few P90 rounds seem to do it even if they're wearing armour. And for cthulu's sake: no more Michael! His storyline was enough/too much. No need to mysteriously resurrect him yet again.

How would you all have done Season 6? =]

I would like a Wraith faction to have uncovered some Ancient tech that gave them a technological superiority over the factions and led to more war. I would have liked to see more full-scale war.

Would have also liked the Vanir to come back. Maybe they start abducting humans to experiment on and try to poison the Wraith food supply. Maybe they use other Ancient tech to try to kill all the humans.

An episode set in the past would have been cool too. Even if it was just some flashbacks to when the Wraith first arose.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
      How would you all have done Season 6? =]
      Not that it would have happened with Torri's Elizabeth after what did... happen, but I would want this more than anything:

Getting some actual closure for Elizabeth would be grand - just left floating in the middle of space was so disrespectful to her character.
      I would love some more character arcs for Teyla and Ronon, too. Basically I'm in agreement with you since I don't remember the ending of the show. That's why I plan to re-watch it.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I think a potential arc for John could have been connecting with the Ancients in some way. Even though it was a romantic way he still managed to connect with the Ancient posing as a priestess of Athar, and then there were those humans (or were they Ancients?) that he helped to Ascend. Maybe the Ancients could come to him for help or something?

If I was to see more from McKay I would like to see the character development he gets actually stay with him, not just give him a sad-ish episode and then forget about all the ways that he grows throughout the episode ("Tao of Rodney", anyone?)

I know that he was/is a fan favourite but I always thought that bringing Carson back was a bad idea, as he and Jennifer have the same role in the show. Give the pair of them different things to do - maybe have one active on Sheppard's team and the other stay in Atlantis to carry out medical research? They kinda did this with Carson helping the survivors of the Hoffan drug, but I think it could have been expanded on more.

As one of the oneshot episodes I would have LOVED to have seen the unnamed Aliens from "The Daedalus Variations" affect our reality and ultimately mess with Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          I would like a Wraith faction to have uncovered some Ancient tech that gave them a technological superiority over the factions and led to more war. I would have liked to see more full-scale war.

Would have also liked the Vanir to come back. Maybe they start abducting humans to experiment on and try to poison the Wraith food supply. Maybe they use other Ancient tech to try to kill all the humans.

An episode set in the past would have been cool too. Even if it was just some flashbacks to when the Wraith first arose.
          Agreed. Some sort of 'in the past' episode would have been great to show WHY the Vanir were so bad in comparison. Even if it was only cause the team somehow travelled back in time TO the event to see it.

For me, the city going back, and resetting up shop on the initial planet (where the whales were) should have been the first thing done. Then more pushing of the retrovirus to weed out the wraith's need to feed on humans', to the point it actually works, and Todd's faction pushing it out, causing a split in wraith.. Eventually leading to an all out war, with the season finale showing the final battle... and lasting peace..

Comment

I definitely would have liked to have seen more of the Pegasus Asgard, but I would have liked to have seen them slowly become an ally like the Ida Asgard ... because the death of the Asgard saddens me to my core

I think more of the consequences of the gene therapy and retrovirus could have come into play. For example: the Wraith coming savage and animalistic, because of the gene therapy, and literally eating humans instead of just draining their life force. Or one faction using the retrovirus on the others and becoming the dominant faction and they begin retaking control of the galaxy. The end result being that these treatments don't really solve the Wraith problem and ultimately creates new/worse ones.

Comment

What if it worked as fully intended. BUT now that the wraith don't need to kill/hunt humans for food, they stay doing so for sport as it is so engrained in their society.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                What if it worked as fully intended. BUT now that the wraith don't need to kill/hunt humans for food, they stay doing so for sport as it is so engrained in their society.
                I agree! They've spent so long subjugating humans and using them as a food source and despite no longer needing to feed upon humans they can't seem to shake their old habits and do it anyway, just because they can. It would also overlap with their policy of policing any human settlements that threaten to advance in technology. It would add a lot of villainous flavour to the Wraith and give the expedition even more of a reason to wipe them out, rather than negotiate with the Wraith or try to stop the 'feeding on humans' issue through medicine.

Comment

I would live my fantasy and kill McKay. Zelenka can do his job just as well.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree! They've spent so long subjugating humans and using them as a food source and despite no longer needing to feed upon humans they can't seem to shake their old habits and do it anyway, just because they can. It would also overlap with their policy of policing any human settlements that threaten to advance in technology. It would add a lot of villainous flavour to the Wraith and give the expedition even more of a reason to wipe them out, rather than negotiate with the Wraith or try to stop the 'feeding on humans' issue through medicine.

What would be an even bigger twist, is what if cause of the events that lead up to EATG and beyond, the Wraith have found a counter to the Asgard beam weapon on our ships.
                    So that leaves only drones left to beat them, but those are in limited supples!

Comment

A nice story arc with some definitive closure for Elizabeth would have been nice.

Also I'd like to have seen some definitive growth for McKay as was pointed out above. It's too bad it was so "fluctuating" in the last season.

Also, what was wrong with the regular one-episode-exploring-missions? Atlantis has still some unexplored areas, no? And there are still lots of unexplored planets in the Pegasus galaxy? Some of the best episodes in the Stargate franchise are self-contained one or two episode stories.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I think finding a good balance between story arcs and stand alone episodes is key. Atlantis got bogged down with so many stand alone episodes in its later seasons that it didn't have time/room to continue telling the story with the Wraith. The stand alone episodes, like the ones where they explore more of Atlantis or new planets, can break up the monotonous feeling of all Wraith all the time, but they can also seed in new things that can add to the plot, such as new resources, hidden tech, or character development.

I would have liked to have seen the SGC build a new model of ship (305?), with even more of the learned Asgard technology integrated into its design (eg: the neutrino-ion cores that could traverse galaxies in seconds/minutes) from the Asgard computer core that's on the Odyssey, so then maybe we could have eventually had a better chance against more Super Hives.

I would have loved to have seen the Asgard battle-armour make a reappearance, or if Atlantis made their own based on it, maybe give them an advantage over the Wraith - at least for a while.

Comment

I think finding a good balance between story arcs and stand alone episodes is key. Atlantis got bogged down with so many stand alone episodes in its later seasons that it didn't have time/room to continue telling the story with the Wraith. The stand alone episodes, like the ones where they explore more of Atlantis or new planets, can break up the monotonous feeling of all Wraith all the time, but they can also seed in new things that can add to the plot, such as new resources, hidden tech, or character development.
                          Another reason I think they should do this is to preserve the intimidation factor. After the pilot episodes, they didn't really try to make the wraith scary. They looked and acted the part of vampires but they didn't have the 'Oh crap, there's a supernatural monster coming to feed on me' feel. On the flip side, they still had large numbers. But then we see them get mowed down so many times and with such ease they feel like cannon fodder.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly, the Wraith were really creepy and horrifying in the Pilot, but they lost their edge quickly once Atlantis could deal with them swiftly. Their healing ability seemed of little consequence. If there was to be a Season 6, I would have liked them to become more hardy, maybe explained by genetic manipulation that makes their healing ability even stronger/faster or even less dependant on when they've fed last.

I'd also want to see some truly awful things that the Wraith are capable of. Yes, they feed on humans, but they kind of need to to survive. Is that evil? Morally grey question in my opinion, but I'd like to see the true extent of Wraith morality. As we've seen with Todd and Michael the Wraith are capable of being very complex individuals, and I'd like to see more of that with a darker edge. Or even a bit more of the 'hive mind' mentality their society seems to be governed on (as in, the Queen leads and they follow). Also: more Wraith Queens in general. They were the coolest! The one in Submersion was intense.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I would live my fantasy and kill McKay. Zelenka can do his job just as well.
                              Let's not be predictable now...

...Aw hell, let's be predictable: Yes, less McKay. It's not necessary to kill him (making it heroic if I did). And I'd so totally bring Kate Heightmeyer back.

What?! It's my season 6.

Anyhow... this is pretty close to what I would do with season 6 - Atlantis Rising.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X