Gallifrey - The Years Between

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallifrey - The Years Between

I don't know if anyone else has considered this, but Gallifrey has been inside that pocket universe for a pretty long while now, around 1200 years by my count. A lot has likely happened since then(the Master turning into a crazy ex-girlfriend being one example). The question is, what? Who is in charge now? What do the people think about the Doctor still out there? What are they doing to get themselves out? How did the Master get out?

Maybe the next crack is on Voga, the planet of gold... it'd explain all the Seals.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Um, how do you calculate that time frame?
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Well, Gallifrey was put into the pocket dimension during the War Doctor's(who was 800 yrs old) time. Then, the Ninth Doctor adds an extra 100. The Eleventh Doctor is 1200 by The Wedding Of River Song, so that's an extra 300. He also stayed on Trenzalore for 900 years.

900 + 400 = 1300 years(even more than I first thought!). Now yes, we don't know how exactly time passes in the pocket universe, but considering that it does pass in some way(the Master regenerated and the Time Lords were able to send the Doctor some regeneration energy), we can say that there's a strong possibility that 1300 years have passed on the other side as well.

Another theory I have is that the Gallifrey behind the time crack and Missy's reappereance is a Gallifrey that's escaped from the pocket dimension somehow to another place(thus explaining how they're not frozen in a single moment), but that would require Moffat to have the ability to think ahead.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

**** I hate Time of the Doctor...

Sorry, had to be said.

Yes, okies - I can almost go with that.

In Time and the Rani 7 identifies as being 953 years old. Now, we do know the old Doc is prone to missing a few years (ref The Ribos Operation) but, this time it "must" be true, as the Doctor uses it to escape a locked door, having noted that the Rani is the same age.

Still, it's certainly been long enough for all the surviving Time Lords to have had a "natural" regeneration from old age... Which as we've seen alone can cause a good Time Lord to go bad (ref The Five Doctors).
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

No need to apologise... I have mixed feelings about it too...

The Seventh Doctor can't be 953 though, because the War Doctor's 800, the Ninth Doctor's 900 and so forth. I once thought that maybe they start counting again every time they regenerate, but there's no way the Third Doctor could be thousands of years old. There simply isn't.

But the fact is that time passes for Gallifrey and there must be something happening there.

Comment

Working...
          X