Wraith weaponry and tactics during wartime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith weaponry and tactics during wartime

It seems to me that wraith weapons and tactics are completely useless in war I mean stunners mean that if u don't win there's no casualties so I wonder if the wraith used different weapons during the war with the ancients and why they either didn't have them or didn't use them against the tauri at some point

Wraith eat humans - killing them seems rather pointless. They need them alive.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Wraith eat humans - killing them seems rather pointless. They need them alive.
      exactly allthough they would need to use lethal weapons sometimes when they were in danger to die.

Comment

The Wraith ship weapons were lethal and they usually used them against the Lanteans. When in close combat they could feed as they went and take care of the mess.

Comment

They have shown to use deadly force when they are fighting amongst each other so they do have the necessary equipment to kill if the need should arise to do so.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Before we came, from their POV their was no one threatening enough to warrant deadly weapons
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LionHamster View Post
              It seems to me that wraith weapons and tactics are completely useless in war I mean stunners mean that if u don't win there's no casualties so I wonder if the wraith used different weapons during the war with the ancients and why they either didn't have them or didn't use them against the tauri at some point
              Judging from the SGC in Midway, combined with their early (pre-hunger) powers, it seems that they did create casualties in war: they fed upon the stunned to regain their strength. So actually, the Wraith would leave a trail of dead bodies, with the cause of death feeding in stead of a plasma bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                Judging from the SGC in Midway, combined with their early (pre-hunger) powers, it seems that they did create casualties in war: they fed upon the stunned to regain their strength. So actually, the Wraith would leave a trail of dead bodies, with the cause of death feeding in stead of a plasma bolt.
                but they wouldn't have the opportunity unless they one the engagement

Comment

Originally posted by LionHamster View Post
                  but they wouldn't have the opportunity unless they one the engagement
                  During feeding they are nigh-invincible. I'm pretty sure they could feed on the fly. Also, if they lose the engagement, i'm not sure what the problem is. At worst, the Wraith throw their grenades to create some casualties. Though i doubt that any engagement would be purely limited to a single hallway battle with no way to get to stunned people. Even if they lost, during the battle they could claim many bodies.

Comment

Working...
                  X