Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions regarding Canon and Word of God as pertaining to mothballed "Extinction"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, so 'Guide' and 'Death' were only coined in the Legacy series? I seriously thought I'd missed something when I was reading Stargate Wikia's Todd entry.

Besides the summer-child names, what else makes the Wraith laughable? I know about the McKay plotline and I have to say that seems far-fetched at best. Do they turn into over the top caricature villains? Or do they just fail to live up to their potential in terms of plotline and motivation?

Comment

Okay, remembering that this is totally subjective and everyone responds differently. My big problem with the Wraith in Legacy was that the writers were so busy trying to make the Wraith sympathetic that they totally neutered them as villains. Todd (I am not calling him guide for anyone) seemed a totally new character from what we had seen (and I could seriously have lived without his family soap opera). The Queen "Death" showed some promise but even there it didn't ring entirely true. There were also simply too many Wraith Characters, I ended up not being able to tell my boneheads from my farscapes (or whatever they were calling themselves) and to be honest I skipped through quite a bit of the wraith stuff in the end. And they tied themselves up in knots trying to make Teyla central to the whole storyline, which did nothing for either the wraith or Teyla (who I was totally fed up with by the last book, and I really like the Teyla character on the show)

That's not to say there wasn't a lot of good stuff in the books, there was. I really liked the origin story they came up with for the Wraith, the Genii bits were actually really interesting - and I didn't particularly like the Genii on the show - and the battle scenes were really good.
      Last edited by Arica15; 04 June 2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X