The Hand Of Omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hand Of Omega

Was the "Hand Of Omega" the severed hand that Sarah Jane and I think the 3rd Doctor had found on Earth?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Nope.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Hand_of_Omega
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

Thanks....

What was the episode with the severed hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Thanks....

What was the episode with the severed hand?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hand_of_Fear

This, maybe? Although it has the 4th Doctor in it rather than the 3rd.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hand_of_Fear

This, maybe? Although it has the 4th Doctor in it rather than the 3rd.

OK 4th Doctor. It's been years since I have seen that.

I just got the Key To Time series. Oh Swoon Mary Tamm

I always wanted a replica of the segment pieces it looked so cool. A finished version with all the pieces would have been way cool.

Comment

Over on Gallifrey Base, they have had at least 1 attempt at doing a buy-in to do a bulk order on a custom-made replica of the Key To Time segments...

I don't recall the prices... obviously they wanted as many as possible to reduce the individual price... but I do recall issues getting the right kind of plastic to do it justice...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              Over on Gallifrey Base, they have had at least 1 attempt at doing a buy-in to do a bulk order on a custom-made replica of the Key To Time segments...

I don't recall the prices... obviously they wanted as many as possible to reduce the individual price... but I do recall issues getting the right kind of plastic to do it justice...

So they did make them at one time?

I wonder what they were like.

Comment

Just searching...

Back in 2012 a chap in Canada was chasing up interest in a group run, with this as a sample - made from lucite:

The price was going to be CAD?$785 (!), plus another CAD?$50-300 shipping, plus whatever taxes your region may charge. (As he lives in Canada, and the manufacturer was based in Canada... I'm guessing the price was in CAD$)

From what I can tell, it seems they did a small run circa 2013 of 10 complete sets - but can't find any pics...

Have to say - bloody amazing... Though I could never afford a complete set... Probably not even 1 piece at the moment!
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                and lots more!

Comment

Just searching...

Back in 2012 a chap in Canada was chasing up interest in a group run, with this as a sample - made from lucite:

The price was going to be CAD?$785 (!), plus another CAD?$50-300 shipping, plus whatever taxes your region may charge. (As he lives in Canada, and the manufacturer was based in Canada... I'm guessing the price was in CAD$)

From what I can tell, it seems they did a small run circa 2013 of 10 complete sets - but can't find any pics...

Have to say - bloody amazing... Though I could never afford a complete set... Probably not even 1 piece at the moment!

Oh hell yes... If I won Lotto I'd be on this... Definitely a luxury item

Comment

I shelled out AU$1200 for the 90's WHO pewter chess set... but that was when I was young... and knew what disposable income was.

(And that's why I've only collected... err... 1 expansion piece to date, at around $120 each...)

---

Just got a link to the complete replica Key to Time...

Last edited by cosmichobo; 02 May 2015, 05:14 AM.
                    and lots more!

Comment

I shelled out AU$1200 for the 90's WHO pewter chess set... but that was when I was young... and knew what disposable income was.

(And that's why I've only collected... err... 1 expansion piece to date, at around $120 each...)

---

Just got a link to the complete replica Key to Time...

That is bloody beautiful.

See if that story had been done now in "new who" those would have been pushed out like all the other products and at a low price. Likely would have been reasonable quality too.. That is so gorgeous, the closest thing to that I have is a huge glass weight in the shape of a cut diamond.

Last edited by Coco Pops; 02 May 2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Some people had their Key tinted purple... which is a hotly debated topic. :} The Key looks purple at times in the episodes, but most people say it's just reflecting that colour.

Last edited by cosmichobo; 02 May 2015, 04:07 PM.
                        and lots more!

Comment

Some people had their Key tinted purple... which is a hotly debated topic. :} The Key looks purple at times in the episodes, but most people say it's just reflecting that colour.

I think that was the lighting coming from under the prop. Still such an awesome prop

Comment

Maybe it's the tracer's light/s giving it that colour... (the magic wand )
                            and lots more!

Comment

Maybe it's the tracer's light/s giving it that colour... (the magic wand )

Oh... Well in the other shot it looked like it was lit from below. We can't see what the camera sees under the table at the time of filming. Either way still a very cool prop.

Comment

Working...
                              X