Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time passed and day of week information for episodes and novels (and others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time passed and day of week information for episodes and novels (and others)

Continuing my quest for an exact Stargate timeline, I would welcome some extra help, and or a second opinion.

If needed or recommended, I will break this request into the separate forums.

I am looking for information as to how long (in day) each episode takes place in universe. From start to conclusion (think "Hathor", actual action a day at most, while the total episode could have taken weeks).
    Some episode conclude within the same day so have length of 0 day, while there are some that take months.

If there is a hint about the day of the week present these are welcome too.

Truthfully, I have done this for all the episodes, too many are only a hard guess, or in the case of Universe episodes, not even a guess, so I would welcome other set of eyes.

I also ask for help to do this for the novels, audio books, short stories and games, as I am sure that I am going to miss or overlook many informations, and it would also take too much time. Sorry.

I look forward to anything you have to offer.

Interesting - wouldn't a rewatch help you lots?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well that is what I did, but after a while the law of diminished return kicks in and I just see what I expect to see.

As such O need a second or third or etc. opinion.

Comment

I've tried this before -- it doesn't work. The season finale/premiere and mid-season finale/premiere cliffhangers screw the whole thing up, because dates relative to airing go off by 3-4 months at a time. It gets even worse once Atlantis starts running in parallel, as the apparent passage of time on each series doesn't line up right.

There's a host of other issues as well, but that's the short version. As a friendly suggestion from someone else who's tried this: don't waste your time
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hando View Post
          Well that is what I did, but after a while the law of diminished return kicks in and I just see what I expect to see.

As such O need a second or third or etc. opinion.
          I counted screentime and words - I guess that's easier to keep track of then.

Comment

And you complained about watching it several times which seems to prove the diminishing returns theory.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              And you complained about watching it several times which seems to prove the diminishing returns theory.
              Did I? Well, I did have to suffer the not so great ones several times...

Comment

You know the rules FH. We don't talk about S5. And we do not talk about the Stargate Infinity.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

There shall be no rule-breaking...

Comment

Working...
                  X