This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate RPG in trouble?

I really should read my friend Wiliqueen's blog more often. Has anyone heard anything about Sony opting NOT to renew the liscense on the SG RPG game? She included a link to a gaming forum which includes this post:

Originally posted by StargateBrandManager
    To all our Stargate fans,

For the last several months, AEG has been engaged in negotiations with MGM and Sony Entertainment to continue publishing the Stargate SG-1 role-playing game. Sadly, Sony has chosen not to renew our contract at this time, meaning that we will no longer be able to publish Stargate SG-1. It has been a thrill to be a part of such a dynamic and well-received property for the last two years; we will miss it a great deal. We thank MGM for their hard-work and professionalism during our partnership together, and wish them the very best for the future of Stargate SG-1.
    As for the game itself, we hope to keep supporting it through the online forums and with occasional adventures, scenarios and character ideas, but there will be no more sourcebooks for the time being. On behalf of AEG, we’d like to thank you for supporting this game so enthusiastically. Your energy has made this job a joy and served as inspiration for us every day we’ve come into work. Thanks so much for lending your vision to this game. We only hope that we have been worthy of it.

Regards,

Rob Vaux
    Brand Manager, Stargate SG-1 RPG
    Can't say I was into the game itself, but I really liked the books. They're great resources for the show, especially for fic writers.

I did a quick search to see if there was another thread about this and came up blank, but then, the search feature isn't always reliable, so if there's another thread about it already, I apologize. I was curious to see what people thought about this. Are there a lot who play the game?
Working...
X