Entropic cascade missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entropic cascade missing

Why Daniel don't show the effect of the entropic cascade in "there a but for a grace god" like sam in the third season?

I don't think he was there long enough for that to happen.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Because that reality's Daniel was in Egypt which had been wiped out, meaning there was only one Daniel ('ours') in that reality.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

^ That too. Totally forgot.

Comment

Yep beat me too it. He was dead in their reality before Daniel ever reached their reality.

Comment

Though i was also surprised they never had EC happen when Mccay came to atlantis in Mccay and Mrs miller, or to the team in Ripple effect.

Comment

In case of mckay is not an error, when two universe is near the cascade doesn't work! Dr.lee said that in the 9x13.

The other Daniel is fine in the 1x19! No one said is dead.
              Last edited by Sg1 1988; 07 January 2015, 04:47 AM.

Comment

^ Good point both universes were linked through the McKay-Carter Bridge (I think it was called.)

Comment

Originally posted by jfarrell327 View Post
                  ^ Good point both universes were linked through the McKay-Carter Bridge (I think it was called.)
                  Matter bridge. The McKay-Carter bridge is the set of stargates between Pegasus and the Milky Way with the Midway Station.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1 1988 View Post
                    In case of mckay is not an error, when two universe is near the cascade doesn't work! Dr.lee said that in the 9x13.

The other Daniel is fine in the 1x19! No one said is dead.
                    The alternate Daniel in "There But for the Grace of God" is more than than likely dead, since that Daniel was in Egypt when the Goa'uld attacked and wiped out Egypt. Here's the transcript from that portion of the episode:

DANIEL (reading): "Current address unknown, phone number unknown, last place of residence, Egypt as of 1997."

[Turning away from the computer, he sees something and rises. Carter is working at a control panel, as Daniel goes over to the wall map and looks it over.]

DANIEL: Uh oh.

[Carter looks up and sees him.]

CARTER: What?

DANIEL (motioning to the map) " I think I'm dead."

CARTER: "What?

DANIEL: "The me in this reality."
                    Daniel googled his own name in the computer, which got the above result. He then went to the map of the places that had already been destroyed and discovered that Egypt was one of them. He then made the logical conclusion that his alternate was dead.

And even if by some miracle, his alternate had survived the Goa'uld attack of Egypt, he certainly would not have survived the devastation caused by the Jaffa before they arrived at the SGC or after when everything there was blown up.

Comment

now it's clear, thank you to all!

Comment

Working...
                      X