Obsession with the alternate universe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obsession with the alternate universe.

I loved the show but...i think the writers of sg1/sga/sgu, have a serious obsession with the parallel universe xD so many episode specially in the last season

I don't know if they are, but I know I am! I really liked the episodes where the similarities and differences of realities came together I rewatched the episode with all the SG1 teams a few times

Comment

Which one? There were several...
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Which one? There were several...
        I'm sorry, I thought I mentioned the stealing the ZPM part Apparently I didn't I mean 9-13, Ripple Effect I love that episode!

Comment

Ah!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There certainly was alot of alternative universe stories AND time-travel! I can't complain as those are my two favorite sci-fi tropes. I could watch a whole Stargate series about universe hoppers or time travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              There certainly was alot of alternative universe stories AND time-travel! I can't complain as those are my two favorite sci-fi tropes. I could watch a whole Stargate series about universe hoppers or time travellers.
              Another episode I really liked was Stargate Atlantis' The Daedalus Variations! The fact they were on a weird (seemingly) endless roller coaster ride through other realities came as such a surprise the first time I watched the episode! I really liked to have seen more of the hostile aliens they encounter in one of the realities. A lot of effort had been put into the ship design, costume and weapon the boarded alien uses(I found this out through one of Propworx' videos, when they were selling the props) so I imagine they were planning on using them again in a future episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Me too! You can explore variations on a theme, and some throughout Stargate have been pretty entertaining.

I too have rewatched episodes on these two themes countless times.
                SG-1's 'There But For the Grace of God', 'Point of View' and 'Ripple Effect'. For time travel what is more fun than '1969' and' Window of Opportunity', my favourite Stargate episode of all?!

SGA, whilst not my favourite series had some great alternate reality/Time travel adventures; such as 'The Last Man', "The Daedalus Variations','Before I Sleep' 'McKay and Mrs Miller', and 'Vegas', my favourite SGA episode.

SGU, had the best brain hurting time travel adventure with 'Time', and my favourite episode 'Twin Destinies' which spawned the alternate timeline seen in another great episode 'Epilogue'.

The other obsession I've noticed in Stargate that comes close, if not done more are 'hallucination' episodes where characters are not where they believe they are.

Comment

That sums up quite a few of my favorite episodes Krisz! I am actually a big fan of SGU, and would love to go to an alternate reality to watch the third season

Comment

For me the best are:
                    Sg1: 9x13,1x19.

Worst:
                    Sg1: 10x13(awful, and pointless)

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1 1988 View Post
                      For me the best are:

Worst:
                      For those who don't know:

1x19 - There But for the Grace of God
                      9x13 - Ripple Effect
                      10x13 - The Road Not Taken

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
                        That sums up quite a few of my favorite episodes Krisz! I am actually a big fan of SGU, and would love to go to an alternate reality to watch the third season
                        I would have loved a third season too, SGU was shaping up to be a great show and I'm another big fan of it.

I forgot about 'The Road Not Taken', I didn't really know what to make of it on first seeing it, there was just too much going on that was never developed fully. I did like it for exploring the state of anarchy in the world in the face of the Ori threat and how ruthlessly the government dealt with it. I couldn't take the 'Lieutenant Daaan!' Mitchell seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I would have loved a third season too, SGU was shaping up to be a great show and I'm another big fan of it.

I forgot about 'The Road Not Taken', I didn't really know what to make of it on first seeing it, there was just too much going on that was never developed fully. I did like it for exploring the state of anarchy in the world in the face of the Ori threat and how ruthlessly the government dealt with it. I couldn't take the 'Lieutenant Daaan!' Mitchell seriously!
                          Twin destinies is just one of the many episodes I really liked about the show. The cliffhanger at then end of season 2 was even worse than the cliffhanger we ended SGA with. We might never know whether Eli lived or died or whether they ever returned to Earth, which is a lot more difficult for me to accept than whether Atlantis will return to Pegasus, or what happened to Ford(he might still live, I want him to live).

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1 1988 View Post
                            For me the best are:

Worst:
                            What are the titles of these episodes? Putting the season and place in the list is fine, but without the title of the episode, I'm left trying to remember what they were. So maybe you could put the season, the place in line of the episodes, and the name of the episode?

And what about Season 8, Moebius?
                            Last edited by hedwig; 04 January 2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              What are the titles of these episodes? Putting the season and place in the list is fine, but without the title of the episode, I'm left trying to remember what they were. So maybe you could put the season, the place in line of the episodes, and the name of the episode?
                              Originally posted by Britta View Post
                              For those who don't know:

1x19 - There But for the Grace of God
                              9x13 - Ripple Effect
                              10x13 - The Road Not Taken
                              There you go.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Working...
                              X