Stargate movie RA mask and spaceship panel base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate movie RA mask and spaceship panel base

This is a little project I have been working on for a while. Ra is molded from an original foam latex production mask and the base is made from one of the production molds of one of the panels that covered Ra's Pyramid spaceship. The cost is between £150 and £190 depending on what combination you want. The mask on the gold painted base is cold cast Bronze with Patina waxes applied, the one on the copper painted base is also cold cast Bronze but painted to look like the screen used mask, and the one on the cold cast Aluminium base is painted Black then dry brushed Bronze and painted ( I prefer this one). The masks can be ordered either just laying on the base or on a pole or wall mounted on the base. The masks can also be made with Amber eyes and can be lit with a small LED strip or if the mask is table mounted a couple of Tea lights can be placed behind to make the eyes glow, this looks great as they flicker. The one I have on the wall just shines through the resin but I did make one with clear resin tinted amber which looks fantastic but unfortunately the clear resin I had was old and hasn't set properly Happy new year everyone.

That looks amazing! I don't have the money to buy one at the moment, but you are very skilled! I would love to hear a bit more about the design and production process, because these look like you must've but huge amounts of time into them!

Comment

I must admit, when I first read the description I expected some very expensive but shotty work. Looking at the pictures I am very impressed. The ones with the glowing red eyes are freaky; you don't want to see that when you walk into a dark room.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Thanks for the comments the original mask was decaying rapidly thats why the owner contacted me to see if I could cast it. Here is the build link http://www.therpf.com/f9/stargate-mo...light=stargate
        The eyes are lit by white LED strip and at night as well as lighting the eyes they also light up the back panel with a nice glow.

Comment

I must say, these are amazing! How long did they take you? What else do/can you make?

Comment

I do make a few other things
            Stargate Atlantis door opener and dogbone light
            SG1 Gate section, Ori sconce and Brazier tea light
            SG1 chevron wall light, here's a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCAHGE5EOls
            SGU door cog set
            SGU Engineering kino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cteHqeZIrs

SGU Light sconce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NlR4ZQ5rvE
            SGU Control wheel
            SGU SCRUBBER PANEL
            oh, there is also the full size Stargate that will be finished at the end of the summer

Comment

Well the ra mask I thought was very good work, but I wouldn't buy it as I'm not that big of a fan of the original movie.

However, a lot of your other items are very interesting to me. Can you give the list again with prices? Also I'm in the US, so don't know how that affects shipping?

Comment

Some of these things look like you took them straight from the film set! I knew a lot of Stargate fans make their own merchandise, but I never imagined so many people being this skilled at doing so! Amazing!

Comment

Atlantis door control £130 £25 post
                  Atlantis dogbone light £130 £25 post
                  SG1 gate section £150 £45 post
                  Ori sconce £130 £35 post
                  brazier tea light £35 £12 post
                  wall chevron £260 £75 post
                  SGU Door cog set £160 £30 post
                  KINO £250 £25 post
                  SGU sconce £70 £20 post
                  control wheel £130 £15 post
                  scrubber panel £150 £85 post
                  STARGATE £20,000 lots!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
                    Some of these things look like you took them straight from the film set! I knew a lot of Stargate fans make their own merchandise, but I never imagined so many people being this skilled at doing so! Amazing!
                    most of these are cast from real production pieces

Comment

Originally posted by andy19422 View Post
                      most of these are cast from real production pieces
                      Ah, that explains a lot! But still, it is incredible how good they look!

Comment

It's the time spent finding the pieces in the first place and sometimes there are missing bits that have to be made from scratch. I've been tracking down bits for the Stargate for two years!

Comment

Originally posted by andy19422 View Post
                          Atlantis door control £130 £25 post
                          Atlantis dogbone light £130 £25 post
                          SG1 gate section £150 £45 post
                          Ori sconce £130 £35 post
                          brazier tea light £35 £12 post
                          wall chevron £260 £75 post
                          SGU Door cog set £160 £30 post
                          KINO £250 £25 post
                          SGU sconce £70 £20 post
                          control wheel £130 £15 post
                          scrubber panel £150 £85 post
                          STARGATE £20,000 lots!!!!
                          Okay so I really want the chevron, but that's over $500 in USD, so not sure I can do that. I'm also looking at the dogbone light, door control, ori sconce, brazier tea light. Since they are more in my budget.
                          Can you give me more info on those pieces? Such as material, electronics, paint etc?

Comment

Oh also wish to know the size. And I'm also interested in the sgu wall light.

Comment

Both andy19422 and chevron called the Atlantis light a "dogbone" light. It might just be me, but I don't really see the resemblance to a dogbone, nor do I remember them calling it that in the show Could either of you clarify this for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X