Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World reaction of a real stargate program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

says you... Beings that are so far advanced, you're talking about millions of years of evolution, who knows what the humans could do after millions of years of evolution. About the Goa'uld, the over a foot long snakes entering the human body and somehow controlling a human being and being able to have the extra strength, perfect health, and so on and so forth is way beyond possible, in my mind compared to the Ori. I do believe non-corporeal beings can exist, humans being able to ascend into energy, why not? More realistic to me and possible than a God... They very much could be what we define as God's...

Comment

Originally posted by jfarrell327 View Post
      How do you think the world would react if the US Gov't revealed that the stargate program was real and that they traveled to other worlds? I am asking about the real world, so forget about the tv show, how do you think the real world would react? What do you think the governments of the world would demand or do in reaction?

I personally think that'd be the start of world war 3... I think that China and Russia and would be outraged as well as our allies for not telling them about it. But that is just me...
      Just so I have this correct, we're referring to the real, REAL world, not the TV SG version, right?
      If yes, why would a real stargate have to belong to the USA?

Only asking because I know of a few websites that dabble with the idea of a stargate type actually existing. Except it's gate is located in the middle east, where there may be a dimension opening somewhere between Egypt and Iraq, but it hasn't been actually found yet.. just speculated about.

If there is a true dimensional gate over there, it won't be revealed, because it is on property that the rest of the world is not permitted to venture near. I've heard of this decades ago, also, that there (really) are guardians over certain regions suspected of being a direct gateway to other dimensions for the sole purpose of keeping the rest of the world OUT. Desert local or not.

If the USA had control of it, how badly messed up could it end up, considering current PTB dealing with other *hot* issues over there..
      (In or considering current world events) It would not be surprising if the Islamic State got wind of this stuff and would probably love to gain access to it, so they could either destroy it (as one of their goals is to destroy all antiquities they believe may lead to "idol worship", or to control the rest of the universe (making a faster route, than them currently taking territories)...

I think if a true dimensional gate does exist, it will remain a secret at least until those who seek power in the region have been removed from the area one way or another.
      Question is who is not supposed to be there (as a guardian or gatekeeper), as opposed to who should be there..?

Comment

You are correct the real world, not the SG world.

What do you think about this scenario...

As we know season 6 episode 17 is the disclosure of the Stargate program to a few other countries making up the most powerful countries on Earth. What would you think if the Russians didn't find out and we had all the technology we got throughout the 10 seasons, with no other nation finding out. Do you think we would use it to take over other nations? Especially the ones like North Korea (who is a pain in the, you know what), or any other aggressors? Imagine how easy it'd be to use any of the BC-304's for military operations throughout Earth. Using the beaming technology to beam down the SEAL's then beam back up after destroying something or capturing someone or gathering intelligence on our enemies of the world. Do you think the US would do that?

I believe we would, we are all about democracy and then we're all about policing other countries, where sanctions wouldn't work well bombard them space or beam their leader into lower earth orbit where'd they decay and no trace of evidence would remain. I see that being one way to conquering the planet, if the President and Congress wanted it that, that is.

Comment

Funny seeing this thread - I'm tackling the world's reaction to the Stargate programme in a fic just now (Exile, in my sig), and I've got poor Carson and Daniel dealing with the UN.

I'd imagine mass bickering between world powers, mass riots in the street, looting, holy wars...utter carnage across the world for months if not years.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

As we know season 6 episode 17 is the disclosure of the Stargate program to a few other countries making up the most powerful countries on Earth. What would you think if the Russians didn't find out and we had all the technology we got throughout the 10 seasons, with no other nation finding out. Do you think we would use it to take over other nations? Especially the ones like North Korea (who is a pain in the, you know what), or any other aggressors? Imagine how easy it'd be to use any of the BC-304's for military operations throughout Earth. Using the beaming technology to beam down the SEAL's then beam back up after destroying something or capturing someone or gathering intelligence on our enemies of the world. Do you think the US would do that?
            I don't think it would be that far fetched. But like i said above, with all the hacks we have suffered, and things like Wikileaks, i doubt something of this would have been able to have been kept secret.

Comment

Oh garhkal, if the US Government doesn't want something to be leaked it doesn't get leaked. Something like the Stargate program would be kept 100% secret to the point of where no one would be able to find out about it, unless the US wanted to see how people react to the tabloids tales of an alien device capable of transporting matter to another planet hundreds, thousands, millions even billions of light years away... No real news corporation would publish a story about it. Look at Man of Steel, the publisher wouldn't publish the journalists story about superman, if they did then people wouldn't take them seriously, even though in the movie it was real.

The government is very good at keeping things secret, you have no idea how good. They don't do background checks for nothing, snowden doesn't happen for anything as sensitive as the stargate program.

Comment

How do you think the world would react if the US Gov't revealed that the stargate program was real and that they traveled to other worlds? I am asking about the real world, so forget about the tv show, how do you think the real world would react? What do you think the governments of the world would demand or do in reaction?

I personally think that'd be the start of world war 3... I think that China and Russia and would be outraged as well as our allies for not telling them about it. But that is just me...
                Agreed. World War 3 would most likely be the result.

Comment

Working...
                X