Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your viewing take you once the entire franchise had been watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did your viewing take you once the entire franchise had been watched?

I into Season 5 of SGA having already watched SG-1 and SGU. I'm curious as to what folks watched when done with the entirety of the SG works? I may take another look at SGU since it is what I watched first. Either that or try to work through the entirety of Dr. Who.

Well Stargate was my first scifi love, and that led me to Farscape, BSG, Star Trek, Firefly, Lost, Revolution, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Defiance, Sanctuary, Smallville and many more.

I think I would be a completely different person if I had never seen Stargate.....

Comment

After completing the entire series, I laid it to rest and turned my attention to classic television.

Though, I do come back to Stargate for an episode or two every now and then.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        Well Stargate was my first scifi love, and that led me to Farscape, BSG, Star Trek, Firefly, Lost, Revolution, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Defiance, Sanctuary, Smallville and many more.

I think I would be a completely different person if I had never seen Stargate.....
        Similar for me.

After I first watched stargate SG-1, I naturally continued with SGA, Sanctuary and BSG (with Caprica) and finally SGU. Then I moved toward Star Trek. I've had seen some episodes here and there on TV before, but this time, I had to watch it whole, starting with TNG, then Voyager, then Enterprise and finally DS9. Then I started being interested in other Sci-fi shows, like Farscape, Firefly, Babylon 5 (with Crusade: seriously that spin-off is bad, however) along with some newer ones like Defying Gravity, Continuum, now Ascension, and probably more I couldn't remember right now.

And all that probably started thanks to Stargate.

(And there's yet so much more to see: Andromeda, Lexx and no doubt others.)

Comment

I've sadly not found a new show to watch since Atlantis finished...I honestly tried to watch SGU but I just didn't like it.

So since then I've been basically fandom-less
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I tend to go back and rewatch SG1 and SGA. I gave up on SGU (I made it one season after a total of four attempts to watch it).

NCIS is something I've been keeping track with and I enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
            I don't know if Red VS Blue counts but I've been following that as well. Once Star Wars Clone Wars picked up (after season 1), I started watching that too. Doctor Who used to be something I only watched when there was nothing on but after I watched the Snowman episode I started watching all of the new ones.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I've just recently rewatched SGU (about 30 of the 40 episodes, I skipped the few i really didn't like) and I must say I loved it.

Back when it was first airing and I only saw an episode per week, SGU was for me easily the weakest Stargate series, but right now, it's up there with SG-1 and SGA as a great Sci-fi TV show. Other than binge watching it (say 4-5 episodes back to back per day), perhaps it's also my current love for some non sci-fi shows like Game of Thrones that at last makes SGU very good. You just have to accept SGU isn't the cheerful Stargate show like its predecessors. If you can accept that, you'll love it.

Comment

Along with Stargate SG1 and Atlantis (never watched SGU) there was Firefly, Star Trek Voyager, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (new, not old), Doctor Who (9-12), Eureka, Warehouse 13, The X-Files. And after it just continued... Sanctuary (wasn't a spectacularly big fan of Carter in SG but love Amanda as Helen Magnus so started watching rather late in the game), Continuum, Ascension (What was that?!? ), Doctor Who (1 to 8)... Legend of the Seeker, Game of Thrones, Atlantis, Merlin, ...

And then there's also -- NCIS, NCIS:LA, and now NCIS: New Orleans, Hawaii Five-O, Castle, Covert Affairs, Elementary, Rizzoli & Isles...

I have so much to watch I can barely keep up with my schedule.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I haven't really found another show to replace Stargate as a show I could become a fan of as much as Stargate. SG-1 and SGU were my favourites.

I have enjoyed watching Supernatural, at least I still had that to watch when SGU ended. Eureka was another show that filled the gap left by Stargate a bit. More recent Sci Fi/Fantasy shows I've really enjoyed are Continuum and Sleepy Hollow, along with Grimm. I eventually watched all of Warehouse 13 and started on Game of Thrones, as well as giving the later Dr Who a go, being a fan of the old school Dr Who.

I ended up watching some more non sci fi shows such as Dexter as well as Criminal Minds and NCIS. Also Motive and Saving Hope in which a couple of my favourite Stargate character actors are leads which I took to and like. Also it's great watching them in totally different roles and genres. I only watch Once Upon a Time for Robert Carlyle's performance, he's great as Rumpelstiltskin but I still prefer him as Rush.

I still feel I'm wandering through a TV viewing wasteland since Stargate ended though.

Comment

I either re-watch Stargate or view Star Trek.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I think firefly is a good next step because bears similarities to sg with the whole team commaderie thing and it is incredibly funny too! It's on Netflix atm which is a bonus! there are loads of other good shows out there to see that the others have mentioned but that should be your first port of call
                      "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
                        I think firefly is a good next step because bears similarities to sg with the whole team commaderie thing and it is incredibly funny too! It's on Netflix atm which is a bonus! there are loads of other good shows out there to see that the others have mentioned but that should be your first port of call
                        I did end up watching that too, and the movie Serenity. It didn't appeal to me when it first came out but when I finally decided to watch it I really enjoyed it and the movie and wondered why I never watched it first time round!! I re-watched the X-Files and Babylon 5 as well.

I started on Smallville but I couldn't really get into that so gave up after the first season. I may give it another go at some point if there is nothing else to watch.

Comment

Well Continuum's the main scifi show I've gotten into since SG finished but other than that I've just been carrying on with Dr Who, Falling Skies and doing rewatches of SG and Babylon 5.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm not that dependent on TV that I need to watch a series. I never watched SG1 on Tv because I always came home too late.
                            I watch some CSIs, some Startrek and TBBT - and DVDs: Miami Vice, Mr Ed, UFO, Jurassic Park.......
                            At night I sleep - must get up early, horses are waiting (hobby!!).
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Working...
                            X