This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d printer anyone?

Not sure if anyone here has a 3d printer but if you do, perhaps you should put it to soem use...

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/print-a-3d-stargate-model/

thanks for the link, This is similar to a limited release stargate that came out some years ago, but other than a utube video I have never seen one, will break out the printer on the weekend.
    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
      thanks for the link, This is similar to a limited release stargate that came out some years ago, but other than a utube video I have never seen one, will break out the printer on the weekend.
      I would print a few if I had a printer myself What kind of printer do you have if I may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
        I would print a few if I had a printer myself What kind of printer do you have if I may ask?
        it is a 3D Up printer with a .2mm feed head
        sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I hadn't heard about that one yet! What made you choose this one over all the others on the market?

Comment

I hadn't heard about that one yet! What made you choose this one over all the others on the market?
            I bought it in 2012 and at the time it was one of only three affordable units in australia, it is also the one all the schools seemed to be using on all the news reports and tv shows I was seeing at the time. If I bought again now I would probably buy a laser printer the quality is exceptional. Or alternatively a CNC machine that carves in solid objects like wood.

Comment

I bought it in 2012 and at the time it was one of only three affordable units in australia, it is also the one all the schools seemed to be using on all the news reports and tv shows I was seeing at the time. If I bought again now I would probably buy a laser printer the quality is exceptional. Or alternatively a CNC machine that carves in solid objects like wood.
              That sounds like solid logic to me I have been looking at 3D printers lately, and have a few I am interested in. The thing I have with resin based laser printers is that, well, that they are so darn expensive Which doesn't stop after purchasing it, because the liquid resin seems to be more expensive than regular filament as well. I haven't heard about any carving in solid objects yet, do you know of any names?

Comment

CNC Mill?

I have some experience of those.. and the manual ones with the handles on either side of the machine bed.. My arms are still sore

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  CNC Mill?

I have some experience of those.. and the manual ones with the handles on either side of the machine bed.. My arms are still sore
                  *Facepalm* Sorry, apparently I didn't see the beginning of that sentence, even though I commented on the end of it Adding CNC Mills to my list of things to read up on Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                    Not sure if anyone here has a 3d printer but if you do, perhaps you should put it to soem use...

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/print-a-3d-stargate-model/
                    I've been considering buying a 3D printer, if I did id definitely print several of these and sell them to fans without printers.

Comment

Are you making one? Can you make one for me? I'll pay.

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
                        I've been considering buying a 3D printer, if I did id definitely print several of these and sell them to fans without printers.
                        That is the kind of community driven thinking a franchise like Stargate needs. If MGM or other companies don't make merchandise anymore, we better get to making it ourselves!

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
                          For PH?

Comment

That is the kind of community driven thinking a franchise like Stargate needs. If MGM or other companies don't make merchandise anymore, we better get to making it ourselves!
                            I've been making replicator blocks and zat guns recently. Am currently working on mini staff weapons. After that I'm working on a wraith stunner that will light up (from PH. for myself and probably won't sell them.)

Was just thinking if I had a 3d printer I'd print them out, but since it's a lot of work to put together, I'd have to charge a little over what it costs. I heard that model costs $150 to print, put together, electronics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              For PH?
                              Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X