The Atlantis Replicators............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantis Replicators............

We were introduced to the Replicators in SG1 but are the ones in Atlantis the same species or another version that evolved in the Pegasus Galaxy?

This always brings up the question to me of how two species almost the same can evolve in different galaxies.

Also they must be different as the ones on Atlantis seem to have been around longer.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    We were introduced to the Replicators in SG1 but are the ones in Atlantis the same species or another version that evolved in the Pegasus Galaxy?

This always brings up the question to me of how two species almost the same can evolve in different galaxies.

Also they must be different as the ones on Atlantis seem to have been around longer.
    mind you that they originally were very different. the Milky Way replicators eventually mimicked the humans. the asurans mimicked the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      mind you that they originally were very different. the Milky Way replicators eventually mimicked the humans. the asurans mimicked the ancients.
      ah.........

But it is fascinating how they had two groups of humans in different galaxies and two different groups of replicators. What are the odds of that?

Comment

The Lantean version were specifically created by the Ancients to battle the Wraith, hence why they are mirror images of their creators.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

McKay at one point speculates that they are related, but there doesn't appear to be any hint that they are.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            McKay at one point speculates that they are related, but there doesn't appear to be any hint that they are.
            But that is impossible........... The ancient created Replicators have been around a lot longer.

The ones SG1 find were the product of an inventor were they not?

Comment

Yes, they were... at least I think they were. With that girl Reece, who could create them from scrap.

Comment

But that is impossible........... The ancient created Replicators have been around a lot longer.

Yes but that scientist possibly was trying to rediscover the technology left over by the ancients. He used that technology to build Reece who was more your standard isue android who also carried over the core programming to replicate hence her learning how to make the SG-1 replicator blocks, and the bug for replicators developed a method for recreating the human form replicators over time.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

But it is fascinating how they had two groups of humans in different galaxies and two different groups of replicators. What are the odds of that?
                  This is a rather stretchy theory but: the replicators attained human form through evolution. They bettered themselves and continuously advanced and found that the human-form made of tiny cell-like pieces was a superior form. The Ancients, thanks to advanced technology and experimentation, were able to just jump to the human-form phase. The trials of evolution that the replicators had to go through could be completed in mere moments through simulations and experiments.

Its a stretch but it's the best I could think of.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I think I like the SG1 replicators more then the Atlantis ones.

Did they ever have actual props for them when we first saw them in SG1?

Comment

ah.........

given the abundance of humans, i don't quite think it's that big a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        given the abundance of humans, i don't quite think it's that big a surprise.
                        Yeah the humans I can live with but the chances of two groups of replicators evolving in two different galaxies..... Still they make for good stories

Comment

Yeah the humans I can live with but the chances of two groups of replicators evolving in two different galaxies..... Still they make for good stories
                          Not so surprising to me, common evolution in different galaxies. The ones that seem less likely are the SG-1 replicators as their inventor seems unlikely (at least far less imho). Although the Ancient's race is equally improbable I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by HogWldFLTR View Post
                            Not so surprising to me, common evolution in different galaxies. The ones that seem less likely are the SG-1 replicators as their inventor seems unlikely (at least far less imho). Although the Ancient's race is equally improbable I'd guess.

I guesss.........

Now a race of Heightmeyers.......That I can live with. 100 million of them

Comment

Now a race of Heightmeyers.......That I can live with. 100 million of them
                              This. Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X