No announcement yet.

Do you mute the MGM lion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little sister always roars with it so it doesn't really matter whether its muted or not in my house
    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

It never really bothered me until I read this thread and now I see wisdom in doing so.

Comment

I recently began wondering why I do this. You've read my ealrlier rationalizations. Now I'm certain:

Reason #1 is headphones

Maybe not all headphones, but definitely the ones I wear. The lion's roar is slightly louder than what I find comfortable, although the volume is right for the episodes themselves.

So to all of you who thought I was weird... well, I'm still weird, but not because I skip the MGM lion.

Comment

It doesn't bother me since I have a mini lion as a pet and have grown accustomed to hearing it roar.
          Originally posted by Descended
          That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Always. Irritatingly repetitive when marathoning DVDs, and strangely very loud compared to the episodes' actual audio tracks.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When binge watching, I let the one at the beginning play, but usually open the next episode before the one at the ending roars. To me the lion is an icon, part of the experience, but I don't need an ending if I know I'm going to watch more

Comment

I like the lion so NO, I dont mute Stargate when the lion roars.
                sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Stargate Space Simulator- http://marcusdamli.wix.com/stargate-eternity

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                  I listen via big, over-the-ears, headphones. When watching episodes back-to-back, the roar can be jarring & out of place. Maybe that's why I mute. I can only try to understand my deviant habit after the fact, you see: I only recently realized how often I was silencing the lion.

Is there really no one else who, when binge-watching, skips or mutes the lion between episodes? That's when I really noticed it.
                  be careful when it comes to those head phones, you can damage your hearing, I don't just mean with the volume, but that way too, but with just wearing them in the wrong way, I used to wear them, and kept the volume down, BUT I would go to sleep with them on and I sleep on my side, now the side I sleep on doesn't hear as well as it used to, oh it isn't so bad, I mean I can still hear normally, but it has ben reduced an octave or two, the other side is just fine

Comment

Never!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

I don't mute the MGM lion.

Most of my exposure with SG-1 was watching the first seven seasons on DVD. The lion roar becomes almost ingrained into the viewing experience, like the 20th Century Fox spotlights and fanfare before a Star Wars movie (which was peculiar NOT to see before the start of the latest SW film).

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                        ...fanfare before a Star Wars movie (which was peculiar NOT to see before the start of the latest SW film).
                        It wasn't...?

Oh, must pay better attention next time I go see it then. Although the first time was at 10:30 in the evening and I'd been "working"* the rest of the shifts.

* walking around in a costume entertaining the movie goers.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Were you dressed as a classic or new character?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                            Were you dressed as a classic or new character?
                            Classic - I don't own any Star Wars costumes yet so I have to borrow. I was running around like a rebel commando from The Return of the Jedi.

Though, I have plans on doing Rey's outfit from the end of the film (not going to spoil it).
                            And am currently working on my "trial-and-error" C-3PO project. Much error, and much trial.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X