SG-1 & SGA Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 & SGA Audio Dramas

So Big Finish Audio, the guys behind all of the Doctor Who Audio Dramas, and a heap of original programming in the Audio Drama Sphere (which is still big in Britain) have the rights to Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis and have done a bunch of Stargate Audio Dramas (capital letters)!

At first glance (and listening to the trailers) they seem to mostly be first-person narrations of stories with flashbacks within them, focusing on one or two main characters from the series. I love the other stuff BF do, but I'm not sure my nostalgia-goggles can take sub-par Stargate (says the guy who just watched Emancipation. Gah!).

Has anyone listened to any of these and are they worthwhile? Even half-decent writing would be worth it to listen to fav actors playing fav characters once more.

Not gonna bother til they get the rights to SGU.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

They're mostly pretty good. Shell Game (the first Vala/Daniel one) is one of the few audiobooks that is always on my phone. The only ones I didn't particularly like were the Walter and Lorne ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
        They're mostly pretty good. Shell Game (the first Vala/Daniel one) is one of the few audiobooks that is always on my phone. The only ones I didn't particularly like were the Walter and Lorne ones.
        That's a shame. Walter and Lorne are awesome characters. What steered them wrong? Bad writing? Or was their grasp of acting for audio only somewhat lacking?

Comment

Season 1 and 2 are 2 actor stories, with a main actor.

Season 3 is a multi-actor drama much more in the vein of their Dr Who stories. Very enjoyable. A feel fan niggles but I'd definitely give them a try!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have both of the Zelenka ones, Zero Point and Meltdown and i preferred Zero Point
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magrat View Post
              That's a shame. Walter and Lorne are awesome characters. What steered them wrong? Bad writing? Or was their grasp of acting for audio only somewhat lacking?
              The Walter one I think was just personal preference. I had some problems with the concept behind the Lorne one. It was a cool sci-fi idea, but I don't think it really fit with Atlantis.

I agree with Pookey about the Zelenka ones being good. Probably my two favorites of the Atlantis ones.

Comment

Working...
              X