CBS.. What the F over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    yeah well, didn't we lost CSI last weekend?

I know i'm so sick of sports.

I keep thinking of the roman empire, and as how when it was falling apart the emperor pushed the coliseum and gladiators, to keep them distracted from the dire state of everything.
    No, that would be Reality TV shows. And fake wrestling.

Quite seriously, I do wonder if the publics taste for garbage TV such as reality, fake wrestling, etc. is another indicator that our society is indeed crashing.
    Last edited by Annoyed; 20 January 2015, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      yeah well, didn't we lost CSI last weekend?

I know i'm so sick of sports.

I keep thinking of the roman empire, and as how when it was falling apart the emperor pushed the coliseum and gladiators, to keep them distracted from the dire state of everything.

I also wonder, do people really love sports, or so they feel the peer pressure to love sports because 'everyone else does'
      you have got to be careful when it comes to not liking sports, because liking it can sneak up on you, growing up I hated it with a passion, but over time as I got older, and dad started to care less and less about sports, I found that I missed it, this thanks giving, I actually turned on the foot ball games just to hear the referee blow his whistle, it just wasn't thanksgiving with out hearing football on in the back ground and then I got to watching the games, it can be addictive.

Comment

There's watching and there's obsession.

I'll freely admit, if KU makes it into the basketball championship i'll watch. I watched some of the Royals in the playoff and World Series games....but my life doesn't revolve around it. And nothing cheeses me off more than to have my normal programming preempted by sports when there are hundreds of channnels it can be on (especially when I end up paying for sports channels on cable that I never watch)

And obnoxious fans. We once tried to go to our local minor league hockey games...and left because the fans were simply too obnoxious and rude and annoying (yelling obsenities, banging on empty buckets....i couldn't even focus on the game due to them being so obnoxious)

In my opinion, there is no reason for Sunday night TV to constantly run over other than CBS wants it to. They want to push those ads into prime time and drag it out as much as possible.

Running over used to be the exception, now it's the rule.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          This has long been a pet peeve of mine. If jockstrap crap is scheduled to run X O'clock to Y O'clock, then it should run to Y O'clock, and then TV coverage should end at that time, regardless of the status of the event.
          Thanks to the Heidi Bowl, that will never happen.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

They can still budget enough time and discourage the 'how many commercials can we squeeze into the last 10 minutes'

What really annoys me is when game A ends, and it's already running over, and they switch to game B and then game C....seeming to do everything they can to run as late as possible.

I think that's one reason we had 3 episodes of CSI this week, two Sunday, one Tuesday, because they have lost that many in stuff running over.

If I were the producers of that show i'd be ticked off. heck, if I were the produce of any of the sunday shows i'd be annoyed because my ratings suffer when shows run late.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              This has long been a pet peeve of mine. If jockstrap crap is scheduled to run X O'clock to Y O'clock, then it should run to Y O'clock, and then TV coverage should end at that time, regardless of the status of the event.
              This has always been a problem, I think. Don't see it changing soon, to the chagrin of everyone (except maybe for sports fans).
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It is a fact of modern TV broadcasting that live events are better ratings wise for a network than canned (prerecorded) programs.

Canned shows are at least open to the possibility of being rescheduled for later broadcast. Whereas live shows, if you missed it, it's gone.

I don't like either when favored shows are pre-empted in favor of live sports, particularly sports I don't follow.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

my biggest beef is, no matter how late football runs, 60 minutes will NEVER be joined in progress or shortened. THen you have 3 hour long dramas that will run late....sometimes with the last, CSI, being totally preempted.

Why can't they just run 60 minutes at 7, put some re-runs from 6-7 that are joined in progress as needed, and keep the night on time?

sigpic

Comment

Well, the Superbowl is over. Hopefully, there will be fewer overruns where sports broadcasting is concerned.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I hope just the random golf overrun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X