MAJOR EPISODE (S34/8) 11/12 SPOILERS: New thread to discuss Missy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAJOR EPISODE (S34/8) 11/12 SPOILERS: New thread to discuss Missy

So, after the episode, thoughts on the Missy (Master) reveal?

Can't work out how obvious it is. The Missy = Mistress = Master thing is perhaps the biggest clue from the outset. However, the Nethersphere thing is yet to be explained. Tie-in with the Cybermen is I think derivative: hasn't the Master allied with Daleks before?

Comment

After thinking about it for a bit, Im not 100% sold on her being the master yet, we still have part two and Moffat could be playing some massive twists...

As I said in the episode thread aswell, how did the android get to Missy in episode one (possibly because of his human implements), and how did people from the future end up there?

Comment

"Doctor look! I have Dalek bumps.... they have Efferic beam locators and... everything... "
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like it............ I am all for change.

Even Matt Smith's first appearance he thought he had become a girl..... So its possible .. And there's the Corsair who could change genders. Romana even had control over her regeneration and one of those bodies wasn't humanoid fully.....
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            After thinking about it for a bit, Im not 100% sold on her being the master yet, we still have part two and Moffat could be playing some massive twists...

As I said in the episode thread aswell, how did the android get to Missy in episode one (possibly because of his human implements), and how did people from the future end up there?
            I agree with you Teddy. I'm not entirely convinced she is the Master either. I still think that experimenting on humans is more of a Rani thing, though admittedly wanting a superhuman army is more of a Master thing.

Something that Missy said struck me as odd. The Doctor wanted to escape down some stairs and Missy said "I'm not a Dalek", indicating that she was better than Daleks and could chase the Doctor down the stairs. Why doesn't she know that Daleks can fly? The 7th Doctor found that out in Remembrance of the Daleks. Shouldn't the Master know that as well? He's been about a bit. Has it not dawned on him that there is something a bit different about Daleks now?
            Last edited by Blencathra; 02 November 2014, 08:37 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Also, the line about the Doctor abandoning her/him. Last we saw of the Master the Doctor didnt abandon him...

Comment

We've had a universe re-boot since then...

Comment

Also, the line about the Doctor abandoning her/him. Last we saw of the Master the Doctor didnt abandon him...
                  The Master has always had a twisted mind. And if you think about it, from The Master's point of view he saved The Doctor and since then The Doctor has had two chances to save him. Once when he was able to go back to Gallifrey during the Day of the Doctor, when the Master would have been back on Gallifrey by that point, and when the Doctor could have released Gallifrey at Trenzalore over the span of around a thousand years.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What if the Master thing is a lie?

What if Missy is something like the spirit of a lonely insane TARDIS from a point after the Doctor has died?

Comment

a) on the Master issue, did the Doctor detect both hearts? He was staring at his hand after it was on her chest but it's unclear if that was just the touching (which he seems quite fazed by). Moreover, even with a new face, Ten said "I'd know him". Surely enough Time Lords changed gender he'd know the Master as a woman?

b) Changing direction, what do we think about 3W? We were promised three words which would change everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        a) on the Master issue, did the Doctor detect both hearts? He was staring at his hand after it was on her chest but it's unclear if that was just the touching (which he seems quite fazed by). Moreover, even with a new face, Ten said "I'd know him". Surely enough Time Lords changed gender he'd know the Master as a woman?

b) Changing direction, what do we think about 3W? We were promised three words which would change everything...

"Don't cremate me" were the 3 words

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          The Master has always had a twisted mind. And if you think about it, from The Master's point of view he saved The Doctor and since then The Doctor has had two chances to save him. Once when he was able to go back to Gallifrey during the Day of the Doctor, when the Master would have been back on Gallifrey by that point, and when the Doctor could have released Gallifrey at Trenzalore over the span of around a thousand years.
                          I hadn't thought of it like that...

I don't believe we have the full truth yet either...

Comment

New Trailer..........oooo awesome...... But where's the Doc being pushed out a plane?

Comment

Yeah that was a bit of a red herring for me, when Missy said that and that Missy was short from Mistress and that she was a Time Lady I thought for sure the reveal was going to be that she was Romana.

I wouldn't say the Doctor abandoned the Master or left him behind in their last encounter, he sacrificed himself in order to take revenge on Rassilon.

Now as to Time Ladies he abandoned/left behind he did do that to both Romana (her choice) & Susan, he also did it to Jenny (although he thought she was dead and it's open to interpretation whether she was a Time Lady or just a Gallifreyan).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X