Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gou'uld inspired from the first Predator movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'uld inspired from the first Predator movie?

Hi! New to this forum but have watched every episode of every Stargate at least 3 times..

Sorry if this topic has been done before, but I was watching the first Predator movie and saw some things that were surely used as inspiration for the Goa'uld. The most obvious is that a number of times when building suspense the Predator's eyes flash yellow. The tech that Predator wears on his arms also looks similar, and when he kills himself by self-destructing at the end, the countdown timer on his wrist uses symbols quite similar to the Goa'uld timers. (Mostly in the first half of SG1 on the ships).

Is this a known comparison or just a coincidence?

Originally posted by MJheehee View Post
    Hi! New to this forum but have watched every episode of every Stargate at least 3 times..

Sorry if this topic has been done before, but I was watching the first Predator movie and saw some things that were surely used as inspiration for the Goa'uld. The most obvious is that a number of times when building suspense the Predator's eyes flash yellow. The tech that Predator wears on his arms also looks similar, and when he kills himself by self-destructing at the end, the countdown timer on his wrist uses symbols quite similar to the Goa'uld timers. (Mostly in the first half of SG1 on the ships).

Is this a known comparison or just a coincidence?
    i think it's just coincidence. My bet is that the symbol designer looked for existing alien-looking alphabets, thought that egyptian glyphs look pretty alien and used that.

As for eyeflashing: eyes glowing as a sign of evil or power is extremely common, moreso in Anime than anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
    X