Missy is...(Spoilers/Speculation S34/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missy is...(Spoilers/Speculation S34/8)

In the recent Capaldi minisode, we hear something about the Doctor's past on the final days of Gallifrey... that, plus the reference to him as her "boyfriend" has made me think...
    What if Missy is Romana?
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

I've just started re-watching the Romana 2 eps.
    Did she consider Him her boyfriend??
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I've just started re-watching the Romana 2 eps.
      Did she consider Him her boyfriend??
      No, but she was the first companion to have that sort of romantic tension with the Doctor. It was very subtle, but it was there.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        No, but she was the first companion to have that sort of romantic tension with the Doctor. It was very subtle, but it was there.
        I will keep an eye out for it. She (Romana) has just chosen her new body.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think they're that "classic".

Comment

I had another idea: what if she's an older Tasha Lem? It would fit with both her knowledge of the Doctor's regenerations, her definition of him as her boyfriend and the religious aspect of Heaven.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              I had another idea: what if she's an older Tasha Lem? It would fit with both her knowledge of the Doctor's regenerations, her definition of him as her boyfriend and the religious aspect of Heaven.
              Spoilering for season finale
              Spoiler:
              Seems unlikely: Tasha was last seen infected by those Dalek nanobots. The finale is looking like Cybermen. Though I still can't see what heaven has to do with it...

Comment

I don't know who Missy is exactly but I do have another idea. I wonder if there is some sort of "anti" Turn Left thing going on here.

The Doctor was supposed to die at Lake Silencio. It was a fixed point in time. But he lived instead of dying. What if Missy is dealing with all the people who have died because the Doctor lived, as opposed to Turn Left which dealt with what would happen if the Doctor died, and all the lives he didn't save because he was dead.

Thinking about it, he should have died on Trenzalore as well and his victories were being erased when the Great Intelligence stepped into his time line.

So basically, if the Doctor died on Lake Silencio or Trenzalore, all the people Missy is collecting would still be alive.

Comment

I don't think it would go back to Lake Silencio... But maybe Trenzalore...

And...
                  Spoiler:
                  It's certainly kinda hinted that Clara and Missy have some kind of connection by the "Next Week" on Forest...

I hope that Clara's story isn't "untold"... After being taken on this journey, meeting her splinters, etc etc etc, if they do some horrid ret-con, I'll be bitterly disappointed.

Ohhhh - just remembered... and prob just cos I was watching Web of Fear this weekend... Maybe Missy is the/an agent of/ the Great Intelligence... I'd like that... (as I felt Name of was such a disappointment in terms of building up a story about the GI, only to ultimately make very little use of it.)
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

From the trailer to "next week", when Clara is saying that Clara never existed, I don't know how much we should take from that:

a) she's talking to a Cyberman, to whom lying should be the default setting
                    b) it's in the trailer: they won't want to spoiler anything that major?

Comment

Rule one, trailers always mislead and lie...

Comment

So first she's an ordinary girl who keeps reappearing, then she's the Impossible Girl on a mission to save the Doctor(even though the Asylum and Victorian versions didn't recognise him while the Gallifreyan one did...), then she's Dr. Clara and now she never existed?

Partially, I can't wait for the next companion, partially I dread what will be done to her...

Comment

I am pretty confident that She won't be an ACTUAL character from the Classic Series. Probably the Docs' wife/GF/School Bunk Buddy from Pre Classic, but not from the old show.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

When and where is Missy? Is the 'Promised Land' a distant planet or somewhere on Earth? She has an ipad so somewhere around 2014 London? The characters who died and reappeared there were in London so it's possible, right? The robot who was pushed/fell from the skin-balloon and the police community support officer were both in London.. so would she be in the same area? Or close enough to collect the recently deceased from there.

Originally posted by rushy View Post

Partially, I can't wait for the next companion, partially I dread what will be done to her...
                            They might go for something shocking next time.. A normal person who just wants to go on an adventure

Comment

Missy lives in a cyberman.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X