No announcement yet.

Missy is...(Spoilers/Speculation S34/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trailer and/or promo pics show that Missy is "real", insofar as not living in some VR world (or similar).

So, best guesses?

Clara
    The Rani
    River Song
    The Doctor
    The Master
    Miss Hartigan

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Missy lives in a cyberman.

I never would have thought it to be that roomy inside of one.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        The trailer and/or promo pics show that Missy is "real", insofar as not living in some VR world (or similar).

So, best guesses?

Clara
        The Rani
        River Song
        The Doctor
        The Master
        Miss Hartigan
        Someone connected to the Under-gallery with the 3D paintings/frozen moments in time.. Maybe she's inside one of them, it would fit with my earlier ramblings about her being in/near London and the trailer for next week's episode
        Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 28 October 2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

The Valeyard...

Gathering a dead army to defeat the Doctor once and for all, and steal his brand new regenerative life cycle...

And the idiots can finally have their female Doctor.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Someone connected to the Under-gallery with the 3D paintings/frozen moments in time.. Maybe she's inside one of them, it would fit with my earlier ramblings about her being in/near London and the trailer for next week's episode
            You wish...
            Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            The Valeyard...

Gathering a dead army to defeat the Doctor once and for all, and steal his brand new regenerative life cycle...
            ...and NEVER gonna happen...at least not under Moffat's control.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

The woman thing, or Valeyard? He did get a mention in Name of..
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              and lots more!

Comment

CLARA

Clara is actually the Star Whale from "The Beast Below" reincarnated and evolved and now seeking revenge on the Doctor for an as yet unknown reason
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well today's the day. So my absolutely final guess is that Missy is....

*drum roll*

The Rani

Comment

The Rani is one of the best possible things she could be.

Comment

Nothing against the Rani returning... but it doesn't really fit her MO... And I'd much rather them come up with something remotely chemistry/physics-y if they do bring her back...

And since first hearing the suggestion years ago... I'd actually quite like to see Gillian Anderson play the Rani...
                      and lots more!

Comment

It's not gonna be the Rani. Moffat isn't interested in any Time Lord besides the Doctor(no sarcasm).
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Ive made a new thread for post episode 11 discussion so we dont spoil the reveal for our friends in countries where it hasnt aired yet...

Comment

I like the big reveal

Comment

Oh my! The BIG reveal....! (= I saw a casting interview, but won't detail it here)
                              All I can say is ----
                              Spoiler:
                              Twisted...! definitely in one aspect, but not totally twisted yet, depending on one's POV.
                              Seems that TPTB will be eagerly testing the viewer reaction tides of time in this "Death in Heaven" (??) eppy... WOW, what a way to test the system to the MAX. I'd guess a 50% to 50% average for viewer reactions on which way future episodes will go based on this One story.

I initially thought Missy was a impressive Mary Poppins based on *her* dress appearance with the umbrella.. ehhh. wrong..? Is that just a masquerade idea or what?

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post

So, best guesses?

Clara
                              The Rani
                              River Song
                              The Doctor
                              The Master
                              Miss Hartigan
                              (I like to not guess, but see the real deal -- not saying what that is here, either).
                              Since I haven't yet seen the whole story,but just a snippet interview -- Seems that MISS *Missy* is really real... and not an imaginary creature. Seriously?? gag! (oh dear! *wink, wink* giggle, giggle!)
                              In the meantime, this will probably be one of those -- how'd TPTB pull that idea off..?
                              ahhh, must be easy in the *whoniverse* ..

(awww, I just realized another clue to the name as in a persona whom the Doctor was "missing"..)
                              ..twisted!

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              In the recent Capaldi minisode, we hear something about the Doctor's past on the final days of Gallifrey... that, plus the reference to him as her "boyfriend" has made me think...
                              What if Missy is Romana?
                              yeah, the Doctor truly is sort of Missy's long lost boyfriend... *cough*

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I like the big reveal
                              hmmmm. Is that the same one that shows an interview snippet with the actress who plays Missy?

That interview totally depends on whether or not the teasers are telling the truth or not.
                              If what was said in the interview/eppy snippet is true, Loved the Doctor's reaction -- his expression was priceless! oh dear... these twosome are definitely inseparable!

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              ...And the idiots can finally have their female Doctor.
                              Teaser---- yep.
                              Spoiler:
                              Seems this Christmas eppy is gonna be a stepping stone into that general direction. I'm guessing
                              it's been inevitable that such a situation would come out sooner or later. And to test the spectrum of time with this particular *Missy* character is a sure hit into the next galaxy...! Or is that the next dimensional universe? =)

In the meantime, current status -- gonna be a twisted gender bender of a Timeless journey..!!

Not sure what to think at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X